We’re seeking an operations generalist who will be responsible for delivering and strengthening Suvita’s people operations function, across the lifecycle of team members.
The role will be a mixture of:
- maintaining core functions and improving existing systems (50%)
- building new systems that don’t exist yet (50%).
You will encounter systems that have been in place for a while - so you should be skilled at quickly onboarding and executing them, as well as identifying opportunities for further improvement that have the greatest impact. You will also encounter many novel tasks or problems for which we don’t yet have an established protocol - so you must be comfortable charting a course under uncertainty and bringing in your Bayesian mindset where relevant.
You will report to the Head of Finance, Legal and People Ops, Mario Pinto. Your responsibilities will include supporting him in the areas below. In practice, this would imply doing the initial groundwork and then discussing the outputs with him for sign-off.
- Support the hiring of new team members Explore relevant avenues to network/ post job advertisements. Support the development and evaluation of job tests. Curate the journey for candidates going through the job application process Assist with onboarding new team members. Update organisational lessons on hiring. Explore setting up experiments at each stage of hiring to make the process more robust and efficient.
- Support existing team members: Be the team point of contact for day-to-day issues, including office infrastructure and tech support. Maintain records of team members. Assist with contract renewals. Process expense reimbursements. Process travel bookings and provide travel support. Bi-annually conduct a 1-1 check-in with all staff members. Assist with offboarding of team members. Organise ad hoc and regular team meetings including team retreats
- Support the building and improvement of systems and policies: Assist with building/researching/reviewing/iterating/improving and executing internal tools, systems and policies to help the team perform to their best at Suvita, such as: Leave tracking. Expense reimbursement. Travel policy. Performance monitoring and career progression. Learning and development. System to track team mood and motivation. Grievance and anti-harassment policy. Goal setting and tracking system. Employee handbook. Terms of Reference for each team member.