Community Impact Fellow - Platform Team
SIRUM is reimagining the future of US healthcare by connecting people with surplus medications at an affordable cost. Our goal is to leverage the ~$11B of surplus that goes to waste every year to improve health equity for the 10M adults in the US who can’t afford their prescriptions. Families’ health comes first and everyone deserves the medications they need to stay healthy. We deliver on this promise by ensuring medicine prices are low, stable, and transparent!
SIRUM is a fast-growing, non-profit, for-impact startup at the intersection of health tech + social enterprise. Founded at Stanford University and backed by Y Combinator, our platform moves $750,000 worth of medications every week, sourced from hundreds of medicine donors across dozens of states. Join us in building a national solution to the drug pricing epidemic that has been featured on The TED Mainstage, The New York Times, and Forbes.
About the Role
As a Fellow at SIRUM, you’ll work with SIRUM’s co-founders and be a key player in our fast-growing social enterprise. You’ll gain exposure to every functional part of the organization (including growth, operations, policy, marketing, and development) and the industries we intersect with as a health tech + social enterprise (including pharmacies, health facilities, community health centers, free clinics, government and tech). These roles are unique 1-2 year opportunities for ambitious recent graduates and professionals wanting to turn their strategy, analysis, and project management skills into a profound experience that positively impacts patients nationwide.
In this role, you will focus your impact on…
- Building and designing technology that enables SIRUM’s pharmacy operations to increase the throughput of processed donations and boost efficiency in dispensing medications.
- Identifying key areas for operational improvements and implementing changes effectively, all while maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Supporting Adam and the Product Team and collaborating with engineers, front-line staff, other internal teams, and external organizations.
- Accomplishing other activities as needed.
We’re excited about you because…
- You’re mission-driven and look forward to using your development skills to help families get the medicine they need.
- You’re a self-starter with experience in leading and executing on projects - you excel in organizing yourself and others, while working to define project goals and outlining key milestones from beginning to end.
- You’re a detail-oriented problem solver - you enjoy digging into the complexity and nuances of problems to find a solution.
- You’re great on the phone (and love it). You’d be excited to spend 2-3 hours/day on calls, moving between a quick call to troubleshoot tech issues with a current donor, to a scheduled meeting pitching the program to a new facility, to a scheduled on-boarding call to provide virtual training to a nursing team.
- You’re resourceful - you innovate to make your job easier, but have no problem rolling up your sleeves to do what it takes to make things successful.
- You have some experience in start-ups and/or social enterprise and a bachelor's degree.
What we offer…
- Competitive salary.
- Huge social impact. You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis.
- Inside understanding into a high growth startup nonprofit. As a pivotal teammate on a small team, you will work directly with the founders, see the various aspects of how we operate, and be connected to the wider social impact sector.
- Great health benefits. We cover 100% of monthly premiums for medical, dental and vision insurance for full-time team members. Team members also have access to on-demand primary care, virtual health visits, personal wellness coaches, personal health advocates for medical bills and scheduling, and mental health phone line and counseling.
- 401K matching. Full-time employees are also eligible for a 4% match for their 401K.
- Time off for rest. Get about 6 weeks of time off per year, including 2+ weeks of paid company holidays and 4 weeks of accrued PTO.
- Awesome team. We’re a collaborative, passionate and driven team with a growth mindset that is up for adventures from virtual escape rooms, to urban putt-putt, to rafting to trampoline bouncing to paddle-boarding.