Chief of Staff / Medicine Donor Team Lead
SIRUM is reimagining the future of US healthcare by connecting people with surplus medications at an affordable cost. Our goal is to leverage the ~$11B of surplus that goes to waste every year to improve health equity for the 10M adults in the US who can’t afford their prescriptions. Families’ health comes first and everyone deserves the medications they need to stay healthy. We deliver on this promise by ensuring medicine prices are low, stable, and transparent!
SIRUM is a fast-growing, non-profit, for-impact startup at the intersection of health tech + social enterprise. Founded at Stanford University and backed by Y Combinator, our platform moves $750,000 worth of medications every week, sourced from hundreds of medicine donors across dozens of states. Join us in building a national solution to the drug pricing epidemic that has been featured on The TED Mainstage, The New York Times, and Forbes.
About the Role
As a Chief of Staff - Medicine Donor Team Lead you’ll work directly with SIRUM’s co-founder (George Wang) to support and manage our sales and customer experiences for the medicine donor team, leveraging customer-centric practices to create a best-in-class experience. In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to not only support a cofounder on various high-level projects, but you’ll also play an integral role in leading and managing our medicine donor sales and customer success teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for…
- Leading and managing our sales and customer success team for our existing customer journey from sales, onboarding and donation to retention.
- Serving as the internal consultant working with our leadership and staff to design and implement system and process improvements.
- Designing and iterating organization-wide dashboards that help us track our sales and success strategies, as well as helping to identify key areas for growth.
- Leading the creation of sales and customer support playbooks, and helping to train our sales and customer support teams.
- Supporting George and owning key relationships with corporate offices of donors and organizations that support our donors, such as member associations, to further support and grow our donor base.
- Accomplishing other activities as needed.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 3-5 years of experience working at a start-up or other fast-paced working environment.
- You’re passionate about our vision to get every pill to a person in need, our belief that we can use technology to correct this market inefficiency, and our eagerness to build a national solution.
- You’re a detail-oriented problem solver - you enjoy digging into the complexity and nuances of problems to find a solution.
- You love data - You share our love for digging into data to understand impact and generate insights and opportunities for improvement. You have experience using Excel/GSheets to clean and analyze complex data, and develop sophisticated models.
- You’re a great communicator - You’re great at active listening and can communicate clearly with people at all levels and across functions, from engineers to designers to facility vendors. You excel at written communication and love to document.
- You’re a self-starter with excellent project management skills.
- You’re open to travel.
What we offer…
- Competitive salary.
- Huge social impact. You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis.
- Inside understanding into a high growth startup nonprofit. As a pivotal teammate on a small team, you will work directly with the founders, see the various aspects of how we operate, and be connected to the wider social impact sector.
- Great health benefits. We cover 100% of monthly premiums for medical, dental and vision insurance for full-time team members. Team members also have access to on-demand primary care, virtual health visits, personal wellness coaches, personal health advocates for medical bills and scheduling, and mental health phone line and counseling.
- 401K matching. Full-time employees are also eligible for a 4% match for their 401K.
- Time off for rest. Get about 6 weeks of time off per year, including 2+ weeks of paid company holidays and 4 weeks of accrued PTO.
- Awesome team. We’re a collaborative, passionate and driven team with a growth mindset that is up for adventures from virtual escape rooms, to urban putt-putt, to rafting to trampoline bouncing to paddle-boarding.