Chief of Staff - Medicine Donor Growth
SIRUM is reimagining the future of US healthcare by connecting people with surplus medications at an affordable cost. Our goal is to leverage the ~$11B of surplus that goes to waste every year to improve health equity for the 10M adults in the US who can’t afford their prescriptions. Families’ health comes first and everyone deserves the medications they need to stay healthy. We deliver on this promise by ensuring medicine prices are low, stable, and transparent!
SIRUM is a fast-growing, non-profit, for-impact startup at the intersection of health tech + social enterprise. Founded at Stanford University and backed by Y Combinator, our platform moves $750,000 worth of medications every week, sourced from hundreds of medicine donors across dozens of states. Join us in building a national solution to the drug pricing epidemic that has been featured on The TED Mainstage, The New York Times, and Forbes.
About the Role
As a Chief of Staff, you’ll work directly with SIRUM’s co-founder (George Wang) to support and manage our sales and customer experiences for the medicine donor team, leveraging customer-centric practices to create a best-in-class experience. In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to not only support a cofounder on various high-level projects, but you’ll also play an integral role in creating, building, streamlining, and implementing our go-to-market strategies and expanding our service into new markets nationwide.
In this role, you will be responsible for…
- Maximizing co-founder leverage
- Working directly with one of SIRUM’s three busy co-founders who drives SIRUM’s medicine growth and policy, making sure he invests his time in the highest-yield places. You’ll serve as his right hand person to get things done: assessing priorities, managing time and calendars, delegating follow-ups and more.
- Creating GTM and new market entry for medicine donors
- Closely collaborating with George to support and create new sales verticals for our medicine donor service - from market analysis, outreach to prospects, closing / contracting with first 5-10 new customers, onboarding, and providing customer support post-close.
- Leading the creation of sales and customer support playbooks, and helping to train our sales and customer support teams.
- Driving sales and customer experience for the Medicine Donor Team
- Benchmarking our baseline customer journey from sales, onboarding and donation to retention, and serving as the internal consultant working with our leadership and staff to design and implement system and process improvements.
- Designing and iterating organization-wide dashboards that help us track our sales and success strategies, as well as helping to identify key areas for growth.
- Providing leadership and mentorship to the sales and customer success teams as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in operations and policy.
- Serving as point of contact for key strategic relationships
- Supporting George and owning relationships with corporate offices of donors and organizations that support our donors, such as member associations, to further support and grow our donor base.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 3-5 years of experience working at a start-up, consulting firm, or other fast-paced working environment.
- You have prior experience developing a B2B Sales Strategy, and have a good understanding of the customer journey, customer experience, and customer success.
- You’re naturally curious and inquisitive - you ask the right questions to uncover how SIRUM can provide value to new verticals.
- You’re mission-driven and look forward to using your development skills to help families get the medicine they need.
- You’re a detail-oriented problem solver - you enjoy digging into the complexity and nuances of problems to find a solution.
- You’re a self-starter with excellent project management skills.
- You love data - You share our love for digging into data to understand impact and generate insights and opportunities for improvement. You have experience using Excel/GSheets to clean and analyze complex data, and develop sophisticated models.
- You’re a great communicator - You’re great at active listening and can communicate clearly with people at all levels and across functions, from CEOs to healthcare providers to developers. You excel at written communication and love to document.
- You’re open to travel.
What we offer…
- Competitive salary.
- Huge social impact. You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis.
- Inside understanding into a high growth startup nonprofit. As a pivotal teammate on a small team, you will work directly with the founders, see the various aspects of how we operate, and be connected to the wider social impact sector.
- Great health benefits. We cover 100% of monthly premiums for medical, dental and vision insurance for full-time team members. Team members also have access to on-demand primary care, virtual health visits, personal wellness coaches, personal health advocates for medical bills and scheduling, and mental health phone line and counseling.
- 401K matching. Full-time employees are also eligible for a 4% match for their 401K.
- Time off for rest. Get about 6 weeks of time off per year, including 2+ weeks of paid company holidays and 4 weeks of accrued PTO.
- Awesome team. We’re a collaborative, passionate and driven team with a growth mindset that is up for adventures from virtual escape rooms, to urban putt-putt, to rafting to trampoline bouncing to paddle-boarding.