People Operations Manager
SIRUM is reimagining the future of US healthcare by connecting people with surplus medications at an affordable cost. Our goal is to leverage the ~$11B of surplus that goes to waste every year to improve health equity for the 10M adults in the US who can’t afford their prescriptions. Families’ health comes first and everyone deserves the medications they need to stay healthy. We deliver on this promise by ensuring medicine prices are low, stable, and transparent!
SIRUM is a fast-growing, non-profit, for-impact startup at the intersection of health tech + social enterprise. Founded at Stanford University and backed by Y Combinator, our platform moves over $1M worth of medications every week, sourced from hundreds of medicine donors across dozens of states. Join us in building a national solution to the drug pricing epidemic that has been featured on The TED Mainstage, The New York Times, and Forbes.
About the Role
As a People Operations Manager, you’ll play a hands-on role in helping to create, implement, and optimize several key people programs across our remote staff and in-person teams. You’ll partner closely with our founders and lead the creation, development and implementation of key people initiatives such as onboarding and new employee training, admin support for performance management across teams, benefits, employee engagement, and company policies and practices. We are looking for candidates that are based in the Atlanta Metro area, who are comfortable traveling to the office in Lawrenceville on a daily basis.
In this role, you will be responsible for…
- Managing the employee experience, supporting all employees from the day they’re hired to the day they leave - including managing payroll/ timesheets, benefits, paid time off, 401(k), compliance, performance reviews, and employee engagement.
- Promoting opportunities for ongoing learning and staff development at individual and role-specific levels
- Partnering with Recruiting at the onboarding stage to help curate and design an onboarding experience that sets new hires up for success.
- Coordinating with hiring teams to develop role-specific training materials.
- Working with senior leadership to create onboarding materials that effectively communicate our work in a larger context of health equity, and successfully onboard team members to the software tools that we use (Notion, G Suite, ClickUp, and Justworks)
- Ensuring business needs are met by evaluating ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, policies and systems, making recommendations on improvements and design.
- Promoting team satisfaction by prioritizing a performance-driven culture that values our physical and mental well-being.
- Leading the charge in helping to plan and execute virtual and in-person team events, meetings and activities that foster connection for our team across time zones and states.
- Providing support and guidance to all employees by answering day-to-day questions and other requests
- Acting as a sounding board and communicating findings with our leadership teams on what is working well, areas that need improvement, etc. to help us continue learning and bettering our team.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have multiple years of experience working at a start-up or small company in People Operations and/or other relevant experience managing several programs and wearing lots of different hats.
- You’re passionate about our vision to get every pill to a person in need, our belief that we can use technology to correct this market inefficiency, and our eagerness to build a national solution.
- You’re a detail-oriented problem solver - you enjoy digging into the complexity and nuances of problems to find a solution.
- You’re a self-starter with excellent project management skills.
- You are flexible and comfortable with some level of ambiguity, willing to learn on your own while moving quickly
- You’re a natural relationship builder who can effectively communicate and collaborate with others.
- You’re naturally curious - you’re passionate about building and improving systems and processes while always keeping your eye on the big picture.
What we offer…
- Competitive salary.
- Huge social impact. You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis.
- Inside understanding into a high growth startup nonprofit. As a pivotal teammate on a small team, you will work directly with the founders, see the various aspects of how we operate, and be connected to the wider social impact sector.
- Great health benefits. We cover 100% of monthly premiums for medical, dental and vision insurance for full-time team members. Team members also have access to on-demand primary care, virtual health visits, personal wellness coaches, personal health advocates for medical bills and scheduling, and mental health phone line and counseling.
- 401K matching. Full-time employees are also eligible for a 4% match for their 401K.
- Time off for rest. Get about 6 weeks of time off per year, including 2+ weeks of paid company holidays and 4 weeks of accrued PTO.
- Awesome team. We’re a collaborative, passionate and driven team with a growth mindset that is up for adventures from virtual escape rooms, to urban putt-putt, to rafting to trampoline bouncing to paddle-boarding.
Something looks off?