Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack/ Backend)
SIRUM is reimagining the future of US healthcare by connecting people with surplus medications at an affordable cost. Our goal is to leverage the ~$11B of surplus that goes to waste every year to improve health equity for the 10M adults in the US who can’t afford their prescriptions. Families’ health comes first and everyone deserves the medications they need to stay healthy. We deliver on this promise by ensuring medicine prices are low, stable, and transparent!
SIRUM is a fast-growing, non-profit, for-impact startup at the intersection of health tech + social enterprise. Founded at Stanford University and backed by Y Combinator, our platform moves $575,000 worth of medications every week, sourced from hundreds of medicine donors across dozens of states. Join us in building a national solution to the drug pricing epidemic that has been featured on The TODAY Show, The New York Times, and Forbes.
About the Role
As an Engineer, you’d be a part of a small, startup team and play a key role in the direction and architecture of our technology. You’d have the opportunity to work directly with the co-founder/ CTO and gain exposure to every functional part of the organization, including all three of our core teams: pharmacy, clinic partnerships and medicine donors.
We are a scrappy, startup environment where the day to day is not always the same as the one before. We’re looking for candidates that are both eager and excited about joining a startup culture where they can see the direct and immediate impact of their work on the health and wellbeing of tens of thousands of patients!
In this role, you will be responsible for…
- Taking full ownership over one of our three core applications
- Creating simple yet powerful internal and external interfaces for our users and staff
- Improving our technology resilience using automated failovers, scaling, & comprehensive testing
- Helping to refactor our code into single page applications and microservices as it makes sense
- Improving our devops to quickly and confidently integrate, test, and deploy our code to AWS
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of experience in JS, PHP, and/or SQL, and 2+ years of experience working within a small team (pharmacy experience is a plus)
- You’re mission-driven and look forward to using your development skills to help families get the medicine they need.
- You have the ability to switch between languages, applications, and backend/frontend.
- You’re a detail-oriented problem solver - you enjoy digging into the complexity and nuances of problems to find a solution.
- You’re a problem solver - you enjoy digging into the complexity and nuances of problems.
- You’re a self-starter - you set goals and follow through.
- You have excellent project management skills - you incorporate business strategy into priorities and realistic timelines.
What we offer…
- Competitive salary.
- Huge social impact. You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis.
- Inside understanding into a high growth startup nonprofit. As a pivotal teammate on a small team, you will work directly with the founders, see the various aspects of how we operate, and be connected to the wider social impact sector.
- Great health benefits. We cover 100% of monthly premiums for medical, dental and vision insurance for full-time team members. Team members also have access to on-demand primary care, virtual health visits, personal wellness coaches, personal health advocates for medical bills and scheduling, and mental health phone line and counseling.
- 401K matching. Full-time employees are also eligible for a 4% match for their 401K.
- Time off for rest. Get about 6 weeks of time off per year, including 2+ weeks of paid company holidays and 4 weeks of accrued PTO.
- Awesome team. We’re a collaborative, passionate and driven team with a growth mindset that is up for adventures from virtual escape rooms, to urban putt-putt, to rafting to trampoline bouncing to paddle-boarding.