Digital Marketing Manager - Climate Tech
First Street Foundation
Our mission at Risk Factor and First Street is to make physical climate risk data accessible and actionable for businesses, governments, and individuals. We started seven years ago by working with the world’s leading climate scientists to create groundbreaking, climate-adjusted models for Flood, Wildfire, Extreme Heat, and Hurricane Wind. Climate-based disasters cost the US billions each year. Our data leads to smarter decisions that reduce the impact of climate change on businesses, communities, and individuals.
Our data and tools are already used by:
- Government agencies. Ranging from the U.S. Department of Treasury to Fannie Mae
- Companies. Ranging from Bank of America to Amazon
- Millions of consumers on Redfin, Realtor.com, and our own site, Risk Factor.
But we’re just getting started. We are hiring to build out our enterprise platform to meet the growing demand from businesses for physical climate risk analytics and reporting.
We are hiring an experienced Digital Marketing Manager to own the brand and marketing efforts for First Street - our parent brand - and Risk Factor our product. You’ll be responsible for both defining and executing strategy for paid, email, social and website marketing, using your marketing skills and analytical thinking to help drive data subscription sales. To be truly successful in the role you will be a creative, curious, analytics-driven person who is interested in learning about and communicating the science behind our models and the data and insights they create.
You’ll report to the Director of Analytics and work closely with our product team, Chief Product Officer, CEO, and Head of Business Development.
- Develop and implement digital marketing strategies (owned, earned, and paid) to drive qualified traffic and subsequent subscriptions from identified segments.
- Own the content creation process for landing pages and email campaigns from ideation to production to promotion
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Ensure consistency in brand messaging and visual identity across all marketing channels.
- Conduct market research to understand our target audience, create representative personas, and build campaigns and promotions aimed at this group of potential members.
- Own and execute our event strategy to ensure we have a presence as critical industry events
This role is Seattle-based . You’ll be expected to work from our Seattle office three days a week.
- Proven experience in marketing leadership experience at smaller companies with a clear track record of increasing sales.
- Strong knowledge of digital B2C and B2B marketing channels, including email marketing. Knowledge and proven experience of owned, earned, and paid marketing campaigns.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Strong writing, copy editing and proofreading skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A deep passion for climate change
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Bi-annual bonus of up to 20% of salary
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Voluntary 401K plan and life insurance
- Generous paid time off, holidays and sick leave
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Professional development budget
- Tech startup environment and dog-friendly office
- Working on the world’s biggest issue with other passionate teammates