Sr Digital Marketing Manager - Climate Change
First Street Foundation
If you’re looking to make an impact on climate change, look no further.
Climate-based disasters already cost the US billions in property damage each year and impact the quality of life of many Americans. Without the right policies and investments to mitigate and adapt to climate change these problems will only get worse.
Our mission at First Street Foundation is to make climate risk data accessible, easy to understand and actionable for individuals, governments, and industry.
First Street started seven years ago working with the world’s leading climate scientists to create groundbreaking, climate-adjusted models for Flood, Wildfire, Extreme Heat, and Hurricane Wind. Our models are sensitive down to the local property and building structure.
Our models are used by federal government agencies like Fannie Mae, the Federal Housing Finance Agency, the U.S. Departments of Treasury, the Department of Commerce, and others in their assessment of climate risk to the U.S. economy.
While we work with the top federal agencies and banks, we also ensure every American homeowner, home buyer, real estate agent, business, and community has access to these models through Risk Factor (riskfactor.com) and integrations with sites like Redfin and Realtor.com.
As a non-profit, we have a unique ability to always put our mission first. To fund our mission we’ve begun licensing our data to the government, institutions, companies, and individuals with amazing success.
We are hiring an experienced Marketing Manager to own the brand and marketing efforts for First Street Foundation,our parent brand and Risk Factor our product. You must have the right mix of marketing skills and knowhow to help us drive our data sales and subscriptions to the next level by delivering the right message, with the right offers to the right individuals. To be truly successful in the role you will be a creative, curious, analytics driven person who is interested in learning about and communicating the science behind our models and the data and insights they create.
You’ll report to the chief product officer (CPO) and work closely with our SEO content marketing specialist, product team, CEO, Head of Business Development, and director of analytics.
- Develop and implement digital marketing strategies (owned, earned, and paid) to drive qualified traffic and subsequent subscriptions from identified segments.
- Own the content creation process for landing pages and email campaigns from ideation to production to promotion
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Ensure consistency in brand messaging and visual identity across all marketing channels.
- Conduct market research to understand our target audience, create representative personas, and build campaigns and promotions aimed at this group of potential members.
- Own and execute our event strategy to ensure we have a presence as critical industry events
This role is open to Seattle-based or NYC-based candidates. You’ll be expected to work from our Seattle or Brooklyn office three days a week.
- Proven experience in marketing leadership experience at smaller companies with a clear track record of increasing sales
- Strong knowledge of digital B2B marketing channels, including email marketing. Knowledge and proven experience of owned, earned, and paid marketing campaigns.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Strong writing, copyediting and proofreading skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A deep passion for climate change
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Bi-annual bonus of up to 20% of salary
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Voluntary 401K plan and life insurance
- Generous paid time off, holidays and sick leave
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Professional development budget
- Tech startup environment and a new (dog-friendly) office space filled with cold brew and snacks
- Working on the world’s biggest issue with other passionate professionals
- Passion: We are driven by our shared goal to fight climate change
- Inclusion: We believe the best decisions consider many points of view
- Impact: We only focus on things that move the needle
- Urgency: We move quickly because the world depends on it
- Integrity: We use open science and operate transparently
- Positivity: We are optimistic and enthusiastic in all that we do
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?