Front-end engineer [volunteer]
Help us reverse the countdown on animal extinction.
Knowing that millions of species are going to disappear in the next decades drives you crazy. You want to do something about it. We are building a global online collaboration project, SIREN, with tech contributors from all over the world who team up with marine biologists to develop tools that scientists, governments and fishermen communities can use to protect endangered marine life.
We are now looking for front-end development volunteers to join our engineering team to implement SIREN’s next generation web interface that marine scientists and government agencies use to visualize, analyze observations of aquatic endangered marine animals, across multiple geographical areas, especially sharks, ray, sea turtles, dolphins, whales, manatees as well as fish stocks and illegal fishing activity.
Whether you can volunteer multiple days or a few hours a week, this is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and experience to help solve complex problems and have a direct and highly visible impact on planet Earth.
You will leverage Agile methodology under the supervision of one of our engineering managers and in partnership with our UI/UX team to implement, test and deploy specific new features and use cases required by our partners for the newly designed and modernized SIREN web portal.
- User management and account login
- Observation management (views, filters, validation)
- Implementation of notifications and sync with mobile
- Integration with partners
- Add support for more languages
We are asking that you be available for at least 3 months 5 hours a week (Depending on your skills and experience). Longer term commitments are available too.
- Educational studies in a Bachelor or Master’s program in Computer Science that can demonstrate a good knowledge of Object Oriented Programming.
- Knowledge of web development languages is a must.
- Interest in conservation and wildlife.
- Fluency in English.
- Location: Virtual.
How to apply:
- Send us a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume (attached or reference to LinkedIn), the role you are interested in and technical area of interest if any.