Spanish Production Analyst
Who We Are:
Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization whose mission is to inspire all kids to love learning math. Everything we do is driven by our belief that every kid is a math kid.
Our top-rated learning platform is designed to catch kids up and move them forward in grade-level math. And it works. Large-scale efficacy research shows students who use Zearn make significant gains in math proficiency, including the students who start multiple grade levels behind.
As a nonprofit, all of our work is driven by what is best for kids. At the same time, we operate as an intense and fast-moving technology company, inclusively solving hard problems that will impact current and future generations. The problems we solve require expertise in pedagogy, software development, persuasion, psychology, design, writing, video production, problem solving, and countless other disciplines. As an organization that is always stretching to get to the next level of impact, every single person owns mission critical work.
If you’re ready to join our Team of problem solvers, and own work that will drive us to achieve impact at scale, we are looking for you.
Learn more about us at https://about.zearn.org/.
We are looking for a bilingual, talented, multi-tasking Spanish Production Analyst who has the ability to learn our proprietary Content Management System. Must have a strong analytical and problem-solving mindset. This work will include a keen eye towards details to ensure Zearn’s Spanish digital lessons will meet the needs of multilingual learners in U.S. classrooms. This role is part of our new Customizations team and will report to the Spanish Operations Manager, who manages the team uploading all Spanish digital lessons into our Content Management System.
What This Role Will Do:
- Work closely with the key members of the Zearn team on this project and outside contractors to create and produce Spanish Math content:
- Enter and transcribe content into our Content Management System (CMS)
- Iterate and edit based on input from Translation Manager and Content Operations Manager.
- Understand and meet deadlines while following the processes and best practices.
- Review translated texts and recommend corrections or revisions following the Spanish language conventions.
- Upload documents, images, audio files, and videos in the Content Management System while following internal protocol for file management.
- Troubleshoot and follow up on production issues as they are found.
- Cooperate with the Translation and Video team as needed.
- Produce a wide variety of documentation and visual assets as needed for the project.
- Support of content creation processes:
- Review content and report bugs and other problems or inconsistencies.
- Adhere to existing styles and call attention to discrepancies across related materials.
- Participate in development of production processes, providing feedback and suggested improvements in areas that affect content production.
- Support knowledge management and transfer by documenting and following new product norms, processes, and tips.
- Prepare digital lessons for Spanish translation and CMS work:
- Assist Spanish Content Operations Manager in preparation of files and assets.
- Ensure that the English audio scripts, props and student notes specs are ready for the translation team and video team.
- Manage Pre-Translation needs, including: file prep, analysis of CMS and digital lesson videos, and identifying other components that need to be included in translation workflow
What You’ll Bring to The Role:
- BA or BS with 2+ years of work experience
- Fluent in Spanish (ES-US dialect) and English (written and spoken).
- Exceptional Spanish-language translation, copyediting, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to quickly learn our proprietary content management system.
- Participate in the testing of new tools, systems and procedures while collaborating with cross-functional departments.
- An eye for efficiency and great attention to detail
- Highly responsive and solution-oriented mindset
- Basic to Intermediate Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and/or Photoshop
- Strong time management, written communication, and attention to detail
- An obsessive inclination toward keeping things organized and making things better.
- A commitment to Zearn’s mission of providing an exceptional education to all children.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work independently to meet goals in a fast-paced environment.
- A desire to join an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment at a high-growth organization.
This role is remote, however you may be required to travel for business and team building meetings.
Compensation & Benefits:
The compensation range for this role is $60,000 - $65,000 per year.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K matching, parental leave, and a generous holiday policy. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
To Apply: https://apply.workable.com/j/F11A448318
Zearn is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.