Spanish Digital Translations Associate
Who We Are:
Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization whose mission is to inspire all kids to love learning math. Everything we do is driven by our belief that every kid is a math kid.
Our top-rated learning platform is designed to catch kids up and move them forward in grade-level math. And it works. Large-scale efficacy research shows students who use Zearn make significant gains in math proficiency, including the students who start multiple grade levels behind.
As a nonprofit, all of our work is driven by what is best for kids. At the same time, we operate as an intense and fast-moving technology company, inclusively solving hard problems that will impact current and future generations. The problems we solve require expertise in pedagogy, software development, persuasion, psychology, design, writing, video production, problem solving, and countless other disciplines. As an organization that is always stretching to get to the next level of impact, every single person owns mission critical work.
If you’re ready to join our Team of problem solvers, and own work that will drive us to achieve impact at scale, we are looking for you.
Learn more about us at https://about.zearn.org/.
We are looking for a talented, multi-tasking Spanish Digital Translations Associate who has experience translating instructional content and a passion for making education accessible to every student.
In your role, you will support the Spanish Translations Manager in executing high-quality Spanish translations of all our digital lessons. This role is part of our new Customizations team, tasked with ensuring high-quality Spanish digital lessons that will meet the needs of multilingual learners in U.S. classrooms. The core team includes: our Spanish Translations Manager, Spanish Video Production Manager (who ensures high-quality production of Spanish digital lessons), Spanish Operations Manager (who leads our Content Management System work), and our State Program Manager (who leads project management).
What This Role Will Do:
- Help the team achieve customization goals on time
- Assist in maintaining Spanish translations calendar, understanding intermediate and milestone deadlines, mobilizing resources accordingly
- Ensure daily operations run smoothly
- Prepare digital lessons for Spanish translation
- Assist Spanish Translation Manager and external translation vendor in maintaining and updating Spanish Translation Style Guide and Master Glossary, among other translation reference tools, taking into account the needs of K-8 students
- Ensure that the most up-to-date English source files are ready for Spanish translation
- Manage pre-translation needs, including: file prep, analysis of CMS and digital lesson videos, and identifying other components that need to be included in translation workflow
- Support efficient communication and collaboration with external translation vendor(s)
- Assist Spanish Translations Manager in allocating workload across, and establishing efficient communication with translation, pre and post production vendor(s) to achieve Spanish translation deadlines
- Support the quality assurance and review processes of Spanish translations
- Under direction of the Spanish Translations Manager, support the quality assurance (QA) process as needed to ensure that vendor translations meet the needs of K-8 multilingual students in U.S. math classrooms (taking into account both the digital lesson translation and the existing Spanish translation student notes). This can include:
- Review of post production video and audio, including gathering, compiling, and submitting feedback to vendors
- Support Spanish Translation Manager with internal review processes for each Spanish independent digital lesson (IDL) from start to finish
- Support continuous improvement of Spanish content creation processes and collaborate on special projects as they arise
- Translate content from EN to ES-US for all components of the Spanish digital lessons on an as-needed basis
- Update and maintain internal Spanish Translation Reference Tools
- Ensure consistency and accuracy in translations and across content based on existing and established translations; branded terms; and relevant reference tools (i.e. Style Guide and Master Glossary)
- Engage in constant dialogue with Spanish Translation Manager, translation vendors, and other stakeholders to align on content development and translation needs and problem-solve as needed when issues arise
What You’ll Bring To The Role:
- Fluent in English and Spanish, and knowledgeable of ES-US dialect (written and spoken)
- 2+ years translation experience in the K-12 education space (from English to Spanish)
- 2+ years of K-8 math experience in the education space
- 2+ years of experience in project management, ideally within technology or education setting
- Track record building deep product knowledge; excitement to understand and learn an existing and complex system
- A highly responsive and solution-oriented mindset; excited to identify and resolve problems related to a product
- Able to build positive relationships that facilitate the work of cross-functional teams, seamlessly conversing with content creators, engineers, and product managers
- Excellent time management, written communication, and attention to detail
- An obsessive inclination toward keeping things organized and making things better
- A commitment to Zearn’s mission of providing an exceptional education to all children
- A desire to join an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment at a high-growth organization
This role is remote, however you may be required to travel for business and team building meetings.
Compensation & Benefits:
The compensation range for this role is $70,000 - $80,000 per year.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K matching, parental leave, and a generous holiday policy. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
To Apply: https://apply.workable.com/j/0ED49A6C07
Zearn is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.