Curriculum Author Associate
Who We Are:
Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization behind Zearn Math, the top-rated math learning platform used by 1 in 4 elementary students nationwide. Zearn Math supports teachers with research-backed curriculum and digital lessons proven to double the learning gains of a typical year of instruction. Zearn Math instructional materials - including 400+ hours of digital math learning - are free for teachers and families. Zearn also offers school-wide and district-wide licenses and professional development to support implementation. Everything Zearn does is driven by the belief that every kid can be a math kid.
Learn more about us at https://about.zearn.org/.
Zearn is looking for a Curriculum Author Associate to play a critical role in providing K-8 students with rigorous and engaging math instruction. This position requires meticulous attention to detail, as you’ll primarily work on thoroughly reviewing, revising, and finalizing our digital math lessons and printed materials to make sure they are in excellent shape for all teachers and students.
In this role, you will be in a key position to gain a deep understanding of Zearn’s digital curriculum development. Over time, you will have the opportunity to take on more authoring responsibilities, including contributing to writing the independent practice (Tower of Power) and guided practice (i.e. Math Chat) for K-8 digital lessons.
What This Role Will Do:
- Use a systematic, detail-oriented approach to thoroughly review all aspects of our digital lessons, ensuring that there are no errors in the student experience and that all aspects of the lesson clearly support student understanding
- Support with filming and revising instructional videos to make sure our lessons are clear, engaging, and supportive to all kids
- Gain a deep understanding of Zearn’s digital manipulatives and use them to revise digital student experiences in our content management system
- Clearly communicate with the production team to edit various aspects of lessons, including artwork, digital tasks, and printed documents
- Implement written and verbal feedback from Zearn’s instructional leaders to continuously improve digital lessons
- Test, validate, and iterate on digital lessons by incorporating student and teacher feedback
What You’ll Bring To The Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2-4 years of experience in K-8 math education
- Ability to think deeply about math concepts beyond computational activities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills in order to independently handle multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate math concepts with a wide range of students in mind
- Commitment to Zearn’s mission of providing an exceptional education to all children
- An interest in working a hybrid schedule in and around New York City; expected to be in the office as needed for team collaboration and in the studio for video shoots
- A commitment to Zearn’s mission of providing an exceptional education to all children
- A desire to join an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment at a high-growth organization
This role is hybrid in our Manhattan offices & studio.
To Apply: https://apply.workable.com/j/87A91D5615
Zearn is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Something looks off?