** PLEASE READ SPECIAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR INFORMATION **Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization behind Zearn Math, the top-rated math learning platform used by 1 in 4 elementary students nationwide. Zearn Math supports teachers with research-backed curriculum and digital lessons proven to double the learning gains of a typical year of instruction. Zearn Math instructional materials - including 400+ hours of digital math learning - are free for teachers and families. Zearn also offers school- and district-wide licenses and professional development to support implementation. Everything Zearn does is driven by the belief that every kid can be a math kid.
Zearn is looking for talented and charismatic teachers to be on-screen leading Zearn Math’s video lessons. This is your chance to become one of the faces of Zearn, and to engage and inspire kids across the country. The time commitment is just 5 to 15 days a year, you can work around your teaching schedule, and you don’t need any prior on-camera experience.
If you are passionate about inspiring kids, excited to bring them joyful AND rigorous instruction, comfortable teaching math, and live within commuting distance to New York City, we want to hear from you!
This is a contract (1099) position. Zearn offers a competitive compensation, as well as the chance to positively impact the lives of millions of children. However, we are not able to cover travel costs.
Follow the instructions below to apply:
- Create a one-minute video of yourself as though you were speaking to a small group of Kindergarteners. You can use your phone or webcam. In the video
- Introduce yourself
- Tell 'your students' three facts about yourself
- Tell 'your students' why you like math
- Include yourself reading the section of a Math Chat provided below. Does not need to be memorized.
- Upload your video to YouTube. Use the 'unlisted' setting, which allows anyone with the link to view the clip, but ensures your video isn't searchable to the public
- Write a short bio telling us why you became a teacher and a high-level summary of your background as an educator
- Attach the YouTube link, biography, and your preferred method of contact when you apply.
Script for part 4 of your video:
What’s up Zearner? Ms./Mr. ______ here. Let’s jump in.
Here is a box of crayons and here are some crayons outside the box. How many crayons are inside the box?
4 crayons are inside the box. How many crayons are outside the box?
2 crayons are outside the box. Let’s count them together. Point to the crayons outside the box as we count.
Nice. Now, let’s count on together to find how many total crayons are here. Let’s start at 4. Point to the crayons as we count!
Fouurrrrr. Five, Six.
Your turn! Count on from 4 to show 2 more.
Now, write a number sentence to match the crayons.
4 plus 2 equals 6. So, how many total crayons?
There are 6 crayons in total.
Great work counting on today! It’s time for the Tower of Power.**
TO APPLY: Please Follow Application Instructions and Apply via This Link: https://apply.workable.com/j/294736F8CB