Sr Manager, Member Service Center Operations
Reporting to: Sr Director of Special Projects
Location: United States / Remote, requires U.S. work authorization
Term: Permanent, Full-Time, Bargaining Unit Position
Compensation: This is a union position subject to a Collective Bargaining Agreement with IBEW Local 89. The salary for this role is $105,000
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a target start in December
WorkMoney is dedicated to lowering costs and raising incomes for all Americans to make American life more affordable and American families more economically secure. We provide products, services, perks, benefits, tips, and tools to help members improve their financial lives, and we have become a trusted source of information about financial matters, economic policy, and public debates about the economy for our 5 million (and growing) members. In 2023 and 2024, we will be increasing our presence across a broader range of paid, owned, earned and shared channels which will enable us to advance our core vision that everyone in America can afford to live a good life. You can find out more about WorkMoney at workmoney.org and Facebook.
About WorkMoney Member Services
In the past two years, Congress passed a suite of bills providing unprecedented resources to the American people. There’s one big challenge: it’s really hard to access those benefits! That’s where WorkMoney's member services center comes in.
At the beginning of this year, we launched an ambitious pilot program to help our 5M+ members access government resources and tax credits using a personalized navigation approach. We help people not only understand the programs and tax credits available to them, but also provide help accessing these resources through education and outreach campaigns, automated support tools (eligibility calculators, chatbots) and personalized human support (live chat, phone support). We’ve already helped tens of thousands of WorkMoney members enroll in new and existing federal and state programs.
Why We Need A Sr Manager of Member Service Center Operations
The next big opportunity for WorkMoney is to improve and grow our personalized human support and that’s where you come in. Our team is looking for a proactive leader to manage the day-to-day operations of our human navigators and provide hands-on training to improve outcomes. Key responsibilities will include:
- Create comprehensive training/onboarding materials to ensure consistent, high-quality service
- Develop KPIs and reporting systems to evaluate navigator performance
- Work closely with outsourced vendor to drive towards high-quality navigator performance by:
- Assisting with training and onboarding new navigators
- Running briefings with navigators, sending out relevant announcements about new benefit programs
- Performing quality assurance checks on navigator phone calls and text conversations and delivering feedback
- Tracking navigator KPIs and performance and provide staffing recommendations
- Make recommendations on when to add more navigator capacity to the program
- Support navigators by developing an “escalating system” to route the most challenging questions to internal experts in a timely manner
- Assist with technical needs of managing our program such as:
- Managing user accounts, assigning people into messaging groups, etc.
- Ensuring data systems are set up and we’re consistently capturing the right information in our CRM
- Assist with building and managing our knowledge base
- Adding frequently asked questions and template responses
- Updating information as benefit enrollment requirements change
- Collaborate with digital innovation team to understand navigator technology needs and build tools that meet their requirements
- Provide other recommendations to leadership for how to improve the program
What You Need To Be Successful
WorkMoney is still a young organization and the right candidate not only understands how to position a growing program and team for success, but brings experience doing so in a call center or volunteer operation context. Important must haves include:
- 3+ years experience managing call/text center operations or volunteer programs, including experience developing training and onboarding materials and protocols for center agents or volunteers
- Track record of managing high-volume digital communications over text/phone/webchat
- Fluency in any broadcast messaging tool and CRM system and experience working with technical stakeholders on contact center tool and system needs
- Fluency in AirTable or other knowledge management systems to build our contact library and navigator assistance resources
- Experience operationalizing customer satisfaction best practices and applying knowledge of industry metrics and KPIs to get results
- Demonstrated ability to train, manage, and evaluate contact center navigators
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to both influence cross-functional teams and advocate for your team to ensure they have the resources and support they need to be successful
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Track record of taking initiative in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment - this is a new role and will require rolling up your sleeves to build new systems
- Passion for helping everyday Americans navigate complex government systems
- Fluency in Spanish (both written and verbal) is a plus
This is a union position subject to a Collective Bargaining Agreement with IBEW Local 89. The salary for this role is $105,000.
We’re proud to offer generous benefits like competitive pay, expansive paid time off options, and employer contributions to retirement and student loan repayment. WorkMoney covers the premiums for healthcare, dental, and vision plans so you don’t have to, offers a 6% 401K employer match, four weeks paid vacation, generous paid family and medical leave, and annual allowances for remote work and professional development.
Why Join Our Team?
Our workplace is dynamic and we aren’t afraid to pivot when things don’t work. We’re mission driven, hard working, and scrappy AF. We have a good time working on hard things, and embrace the line ‘feedback is a gift’. We jump in to help each other, and make time to reflect when things go well and not so well. The truth of the matter is: we’re doing cool stuff with really cool people and having a great time doing it.
While this is a fully remote workplace, domestic travel is required for full team annual retreats and intermittent team working sessions and retreats.
WorkMoney is an equal opportunity employer. WorkMoney prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by law. We see diversity of all kinds as a necessary precondition to doing our work well and strive to build a team that reflects the diverse composition of America itself. We strongly encourage applicants from historically under-represented communities to apply.
Follow the link to the application page, complete the required fields, and submit a resume. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.