Senior Relationship Manager
Reporting to: VP Consumer Products and Services
Location: United States / Remote, requires U.S. work authorization
Term: Permanent, Full-Time, Bargaining Unit Position
Compensation: This is a union position subject to a Collective Bargaining Agreement with IBEW Local 89. The salary for this role is $105,000
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a target start date in December
WorkMoney is dedicated to lowering costs and raising incomes for all Americans to make American life more affordable and American families more economically secure. We provide products, services, perks, benefits, tips, and tools to help members improve their financial lives, and we have become a trusted source of information about financial matters, economic policy, and public debates about the economy for our 5 million (and growing) members. In 2023 and 2024, we will be increasing our presence across a broader range of paid, owned, earned and shared channels which will enable us to advance our core vision that everyone in America can afford to live a good life. You can find out more about WorkMoney at workmoney.org and Facebook.
Why We Need A Senior Relationship Manager
In our first three years of operation, we’ve launched partnerships with a steady stream of new product and service vendors. We do this work to help people earn more, save more, and live a good life and we measure our impact in the number of dollars we put in our members’ pockets. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far and are ready to elevate this work with more capacity, structure, and focus. This year alone, we’ve refined our strategy with a newly revised product and services roadmap, have restructured the team, and are looking to launch even more partnerships while ensuring we’re getting as much value for our members with new and existing partnerships.
What Will The Senior Relationship Manager Do
We are seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Senior Relationship Manager to join our Consumer Products and Services team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for nurturing and expanding our strategic partnerships to drive member growth, enhance brand presence, and achieve both member outcomes and business objectives. This role requires a skilled communicator, adept at fostering strong relationships with external partners while collaborating cross-functionally with internal teams. Additionally, the candidate will play a pivotal role in establishing processes for products and services metrics tracking, working with our finance team to facilitate business transactions, and manage revenue model approaches. They will also support negotiations, contract outlines and work closely with the legal team.
- Partnership Development:
- Work with the VP of Consumer Products and Services to identify and assess potential target partners and affiliate marketing opportunities that align with the organization’s goals and objectives and find the right solutions to meet our member needs.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of potential partners based on user needs, researching and analyzing industry trends to identify new target prospects.
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with potential partners, leveraging existing connections and actively networking to create new connections.
- Relationship Management:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for existing consumer products and services partners, ensuring our needs and expectations are met or exceeded.
- Build and maintain strong, lasting relationships with partners through regular communication and engagement.
- Collaborate closely with partners to understand their business and how they align with our member needs’, finding mutually beneficial opportunities to drive engagement and conversion with partner offerings.
- Negotiation and Contracting:
- Support the VP of Consumer Products and Services in negotiations of partnership agreements, terms, and conditions, ensuring that both parties' interests are represented.
- Work closely with legal and compliance teams to ensure contracts adhere to regulatory requirements and organization’s policies, and manage contract updates and extensions for existing partnerships when needed.
- Process Development:
- Design and help implement streamlined processes for tracking partnership performance, including key metrics, deliverables, and milestones.
- Work with the finance team to develop efficient invoicing procedures for partners participating in revenue share opportunities, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams, including marketing, sales, digital innovation, and operations, to ensure seamless execution of partnership initiatives.
- Effectively communicate partner needs, expectations, and insights to internal stakeholders to drive alignment and success.
- Performance Tracking and Reporting:
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) for partnerships and regularly measure and report on the success of partnership initiatives.
- Identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement, using insights to optimize partnership strategies and WorkMoney member experiences and outcomes.
- Strategic Planning:
- Contribute to the development of the organization’s overall consumer products and services partnership strategy, identifying areas for growth and innovation in collaboration with the rest of the Product and Partnerships team.
- Provide input on product and service development based on partner feedback and market trends.
What You Need To Be Successful
We’re looking for someone ready to roll up their sleeves and jump in on a range of exciting tasks, who wants to bring their prior partner relationship management experience to help build infrastructure to scale our ability to launch and maintain strategic product and service partnerships at WorkMoney. If that’s you, we encourage you to apply!
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- 3+ years proven experience in partnership management, business development, or related roles (consumer products and services preferred).
- Track record of applying effective partner management techniques throughout the partnership lifecycle, including negotiation, conflict resolution, and contract management.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to effectively present ideas, influence stakeholders, and drive alignment on decision-making
- Experience analyzing and interpreting partnership performance data and making data-informed recommendations that drive results.
- Experience in setting up and managing processes for tracking partnership KPIs and revenue model approaches.
- Track record of taking initiative and working independently while also thriving in a collaborative team environment.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity in using CRM software and other relevant tools.
- Experience effectively multitasking and managing multiple partnerships simultaneously.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully achieving partnership goals and driving business growth.
This is a union position subject to a Collective Bargaining Agreement with IBEW Local 89. The salary for this role is $105,000.
We’re proud to offer generous benefits like competitive pay, expansive paid time off options, and employer contributions to retirement and student loan repayment. WorkMoney covers the premiums for healthcare, dental, and vision plans so you don’t have to, offers a 6% 401K employer match, four weeks paid vacation, generous paid family and medical leave, and annual allowances for remote work and professional development.
Why Join Our Team?
Our workplace is dynamic and we aren’t afraid to pivot when things don’t work. We’re mission driven, hard working, and scrappy AF. We have a good time working on hard things, and embrace the line ‘feedback is a gift’. We jump in to help each other, and make time to reflect when things go well and not so well. The truth of the matter is: we’re doing meaningful work with really cool people and having a great time doing it.
While this is a fully remote workplace, domestic travel is required for full team annual retreats and intermittent team working sessions and retreats.
WorkMoney is an equal opportunity employer. WorkMoney prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by law. We see diversity of all kinds as a necessary precondition to doing our work well and strive to build a team that reflects the diverse composition of America itself. We strongly encourage applicants from historically under-represented communities to apply.
Follow the link to the application page, complete the required fields, and submit a resume. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.