VP of Brand Growth and Acquisition
Title: VP of Brand Growth and Acquisition
Reporting to: Chief Marketing Officer
Location: United States / Remote, requires U.S. work authorization
Term: Permanent Full Time
Deadline: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis, target start June
WorkMoney is dedicated to lowering costs and raising incomes for all Americans to make American life more affordable and American families more economically secure. We provide products, services, perks, benefits, tips, and tools to help members improve their financial lives, and we have become a trusted source of information about financial matters, economic policy, and public debates about the economy for our nearly 4 million (and growing) members. In 2023, we will be increasing our presence and investment across a broader range of paid, owned, earned and shared channels which will enable us to advance our core vision that everyone in America can afford to live a good life. You can find out more about WorkMoney at workmoney.org and Facebook.
Why we need a VP of Brand Growth and Acquisition
The VP of Brand Growth and Acquisition will join the team at an exciting time as we continue to expand the WorkMoney brand and proposition. To date, we’ve been highly successful in our acquisition strategy and have tremendous room to scale. Going into our third year of operation, WorkMoney is well positioned to take what we’ve learned, tell our story, and create a long term strategy to grow our WorkMoney brand and continue to build our membership.
What the VP of Brand Growth and Acquisition do
The VP of Brand Growth and Acquisition represents a critical addition to the Marketing leadership team, responsible for driving continued brand growth, new member acquisition and omni-channel integrated communications across paid and owned channels (advertising, social channels, web experience).
Your responsibilities will include:
Brand Strategy and Creative Development
- Work closely with our CMO to build a clear and actionable brand strategy and architecture to articulate our unique and differentiated point of view that informs our thought leadership, marketing and brand communications, and growth strategies.
- Own all aspects of brand strategy and lead an integrated marketing communications strategy.
- Lead a team responsible for creative and content development across paid and owned channels (digital, out of home, broadcast/video, social, website, SEO, SEM, custom partnerships, experiential) and spearhead the development and deployment of customer journey framework.
Paid Media and Owned Channels Strategy, Execution and Measurement
- Develop, execute and optimize an integrated paid and owned media approach.
- Work cross-functionally with leaders across the organization to execute compelling creative and content strategies that increase brand awareness and prospect-to-member conversion efficiency through paid and organic channels.
- Spearhead planning, briefing, coordination and rollout of all integrated cross-channel communications and customer journeys for prospective audiences—including those you directly oversee as well as those with whom you partner—driving key moments throughout the year and resulting in a cohesive and amplified brand experience for our prospects (creative concept through to execution to optimization inclusive of retargeting through retention and ongoing brand engagement).
- Establish a more in depth approach, in partnership with the Data and Analytics team, to analyze all aspects of the conversion funnel, optimize paid and organic growth strategies as well as identify targeted areas to advance momentum, improve existing strategies and implement new approaches to support prospect audience goals.
- Partner across teams and evolve processes to analyze and iterate on outcomes to increase success, create and manage regular measurement, reporting and insights around impact of brand and marketing efforts (e.g. ROI, KPIs, retargeting strategies).
- Engage with Data, Insights, Advocacy teams (and agencies when needed) to derive qualitative and quantitative insights around motivations, behavior, attitudes and latent needs among key audiences.
Digital Marketing Function Build
- Build and scale digital marketing as a functional discipline with you as the leader of a team of subject matter experts (digital media, SEO, SEM, website experience, social media channel presence).
- Advance the sophistication of marketing channels and martech capabilities by introducing the organization to (and testing) new martech innovations and tools.
- Establish best practices and recommendations for additional tools, technologies, skills, and processes to enhance the marketing function – e.g. digital and marketing analytics, social listening services, artificial intelligence, machine learning, technology stack, operations and team-building.
- Be an integral voice in advancing WorkMoney’s vision, purpose, and positioning to drive awareness, familiarity, and relevancy with all audiences (may include social media influencers).
- Be a steward of the brand internally and externally, ensuring all groups are working toward the same brand vision comes across in everything we deliver.
- Develop brand standards to ensure consistency in brand design/tone of voice across online and offline channels.
Leadership across Team and Organization
- Effectively leverage experience, knowledge and skills to encourage innovative thinking and set team goals and objectives that balance brand, company and team needs.
- Manage external partner SOWs for relevant projects and contracts where applicable. Engage with legal resources to ensure compliance and protection of customer data.
- Manage the Growth and Acquisition budget including defining investment levels, scaling opportunities, and managing for effectiveness and efficiency parameters to meet/exceed goals.
- Stay current with thought leadership and branding trends, new technology solutions and competitive strategies, translating that knowledge into new ideas for internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with peers including VP leaders in Marketing (Engagement, Consumer Products and Services, PR Communications) – to shape, test, learn, and optimize creative and content campaigns across identified audience journeys.
What we’re looking for in a candidate
This is a senior level role in the organization that will lead a team. We’re looking for someone ready to roll up their sleeves, who has most of the qualifications listed below.
- Minimum of 15 years, best-in-class marketing experience with consumer-oriented brands (products or services in financial services, consumer packaged goods, healthcare or advocacy industries) as a leader of a brand business.
- Led and scaled brand marketing and media function with a focus on audience targeting and segmentation, marketing tech stack utilization, and customer/prospect journey deployment.
- A “consumer-first thinker” with a strong sense of consumer culture backed by a set of tools, capabilities, and methods to create deep cultural insight.
- Deeply familiar with brand strategy, creative development, multi-channel execution (paid and owned), social platforms, influencer strategies, and community building—have executed these at scale, driving business results and brand equity along the way. Expertise in the use of best in class digital marketing tools and technology stack.
- Fluent in engaging key collaborators and consumers through a combination of paid, owned, earned media, as well as experiential programs.
- Has an empathetic disposition to our prospective audiences.
- Customer-obsessed—you understand our customer and how to connect and communicate with them across the journey.
- Experience creating effective, multi-channel awareness and community building campaigns, including social (TikTok, Instagram) strategies, influencer partnerships and owned web experiences.
- Has a strong pulse on category trends and conversations, and marries those with data, analytics and creative thinking to craft strategies that fuel our ambitious growth and deepen the connection with our audiences.
- Have led external agencies in a relationship-centric manner and viewed by previous agency partners as a best-in-class client.
- Are a player-coach, having worked intently to grow and cultivate the team. Lead and mentor a growing team of marketers—fostering a culture of inspiration, growth and empowerment.
- Integral thought partner to both internal and external teams, including C-Suite and partners.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: quick pivots, high tolerance for risk, aggressive pursuit of goals.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects and execute quickly while maintaining a set list of priorities and focus.
Nice to haves
- FinTech or consumer banking/financial services industry experience
- Desire to work in a fast changing environment.
We’re proud to offer generous benefits like competitive pay, expansive paid time off options, and employer contributions to retirement and student loan repayment. WorkMoney covers the premiums for healthcare, dental, and vision plans so you don’t have to, offers a 6% 401K employer match, four weeks paid vacation, generous paid family and medical leave, and annual allowances for remote work and professional development.
The salary for this role is $210,000 annually and as part of our commitment to pay transparency and equity in our organization, the salary for this position is not negotiable.
Why join our team?
Our workplace is dynamic and we aren’t afraid to pivot when things don’t work. We’re mission driven, hard working, and scrappy AF. We have a good time working on hard things, and embrace the line ‘feedback is a gift’. We jump in to help each other, and make time to reflect when things go well and not so well. The truth of the matter is: we’re doing meaningful work with really cool people and having a great time doing it.
While this is a fully remote workplace, domestic travel is required for full team annual retreats and intermittent team working sessions and retreats.
WorkMoney is an equal opportunity employer. WorkMoney prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by law. We see diversity of all kinds as a necessary precondition to doing our work well and strive to build a team that reflects the diverse composition of America itself. We strongly encourage applicants from historically under-represented communities to apply.
Follow the link to the application page, complete the required fields, and submit a resume. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Something looks off?