Social Media Manager
Marketing & Communications
Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Volunteer: Social Media ManagerJoin the We Vote MovementWe Vote has an open volunteering position for a social media manager (~2 hours per week) who wants to use their existing skills and learn new skills to help strengthen American Democracy. About UsWe Vote is a nonpartisan get-out-the-vote nonprofit startup, and a celebrated. We Vote is a movement of over 60 passionate volunteers (starting with the founders) who are building open source mobile technologies that touch and mobilize millions of voters on Election Day. We believe that many voters are busy, distracted, and impatient. We have a goal of providing a complete voting experience in 8 minutes, including the download of our app ("We Vote Ballot Guide, @WeVote"). More information is at. See Twitter.What You’ll Do.
- Work with our 15+ person marketing team, including graphic artists, writers, videographers and political data managers
- Draft and schedule (in Hootsuite) Tweets, Instagram posts, and Facebook posts related to voting
- Work within We Vote content guidelines, leverage our existing assets (Canva) and create new assets
- At least 1-2 hours each week during our core team hours M-F 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- You want to work with an established and successful team. You are committed to strengthening American Democracy.
- You are striving for personal excellence.
- A willingness to work with and support other volunteers
- If you have more than 2 hours to volunteer each week, there are other ways you can get involved related to marketing and social media.
- Produce TikTok, YouTube or Instagram short videos
- You are in agreement with .