At USAFacts, we believe facts deserve to be heard. We are on a mission to provide a comprehensive and unbiased look at our country by the numbers. Democracy thrives on serious, reasoned, and informed debate. And we’re here for it.
Founded and funded by Steve Ballmer, former CEO of Microsoft, USAFacts answers questions around government spending and outcomes. While these are basic questions, finding the answers is hard. But it’s also pretty exciting. We pull together data from thousands of jurisdictions to normalize, contextualize, and visualize these metrics so the data is approachable and understandable.
Every day, we learn something about our country, how to make complex data understandable, and how to make the American people interested in the numbers. We’re a collaborative group and are always learning from each other, too. The team is mission driven, with no political agenda nor commercial incentive; we do this work purely as a public service.
Oh, and to top it off? USAFacts was named to Fast Company’s List of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023! Learn more about us at usafacts.org and linkedin.com/company/usafacts.
We’d love for you to bring your talents and your curiosity to come make a difference!
We are seeking an experienced and passionate marketer to lead the growth of our brand. As Director of Marketing, you will steward the integration of our marketing strategy from top-to-bottom and ensure it aligns with the goals of our organization. By partnering closely with our current high-preforming marketing and product teams, and supplementing with external contractors and agencies, you will ensure that the work we do is productive and aligned. This role requires deep experience in integrated marketing activities and a wealth of knowledge from previous experiences working in-house for fast-growing digital consumer brands.
The right candidate for this role will feel just as comfortable creating high-level strategy, managing external agencies, executing campaigns, and rolling up their sleeves to do the work needed to help our dedicated team achieve their mission.
Key Priorities & Responsibilities
- Campaign Management: Oversee and execute marketing campaigns that effectively communicate our brand message, ensuring consistent brand presentation across all channels.
- Go-To-Market: Create organization-wide go-to-market plans that expertly weave together paid & organic marketing efforts and align the rest of the organization to achieve our shared goals.
- Research: Conduct audience, industry, and marketplace research with the product team to inform go-to-market strategies.
- Brand: Steward the brand from top-to-bottom including everything from high-level strategy of what we stand for, to visual design for how that comes to life, to campaign execution that drives brand awareness.
- Agency Management: Evaluate and manage a variety of agencies (digital, advertising, influencer design) to supplement our internal resources. Work to integrate with the internal team and agency-to-agency to achieve best in-class-results.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage the marketing budget, ensuring maximum ROI on all marketing initiatives.
- Reporting: Evaluate and report on the performance of all marketing initiatives and campaigns, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with the latest market and industry trends to ensure that we maximize mission impact.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field.
- 12+ years. The majority of the time working in-house building and launching digital consumer brands.
- Data driven and experienced in conducting research to inform strategic direction.
- Proven track record of launching successful cross-channel campaigns blending organic and paid marketing efforts to achieve impressive results.
- Experience partnering with in-house product teams to develop best-in-class growth efforts.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, influence, and leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a knack for building and maintaining relationships.
- Equally strong analytical skills and creative abilities.
- Proficient in marketing measurement and performance tools.
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix.
- Demonstrated presentation skills, ensuring effective communication of key insights and fostering informed decision-making at executive levels.
- Up to date with latest trends and marketing best practices.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Education:
- Master’s degree or an MBA is preferred.
The starting salary range for the Director of Marketing is $143,000 to $179,800, based on aptitude and experience. Over time, the employee in this role may earn up to $215,800 per year with demonstrated skill in the role and context, progress and performance against goals, and increased experience.
Featured Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with employee and dependent premiums entirely paid for by Ballmer Group
- 3 weeks of paid vacation annually
- 11 paid holidays, plus paid days off for the weekdays between Christmas and New Year
- 80 hours of paid sick leave annually
- 401(k) with 6% employer contribution
- 2:1 Ballmer Family Giving Match for charitable contributions
- Professional development reimbursement up to $2,000 per year
- Employer-paid life insurance of 3x salary to $1,000,000 ($750k guarantee issue)
- Fertility & Family Building reimbursement to $40,000 (lifetime max)
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options
- Parking or transportation (Orca card) up to $250 monthly
- Cash stipend of $300/month (for cell phone, wellness expenses, etc.)
Location & Hybrid Work
The position is based in Bellevue, Washington.
Our organization practices intentional hybrid work. All USAFacts employees are expected to work on-site Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays during overlapping core hours of 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Mondays and Fridays remain flexible work-from-home or office workdays.
Ballmer Group/USAFacts is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued. Individuals seeking employment at Ballmer Group are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.