Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Office of Human Resources)
About Urban Institute:
At the Urban Institute, we believe in the power of evidence to improve lives and strengthen communities. As a nonprofit focusing on social and economic policy, our researchers and policy entrepreneurs open minds, shape decisions, and identify transformative solutions to the most pressing issues of our time.
To open minds, shape decisions, and offer solutions through economic and social policy research.
Collaboration, Equity, Inclusivity, Independence, and Integrity
For more information on the Urban Institute, please visit https://www.urban.org.
Central to Urban’s mission is fostering a truly inclusive community that ensures ongoing relevance to a changing world. The Office of Human Resources for the Urban Institute seeks a Talent Acquisition Coordinator. The Talent Acquisition Coordinator will work to help elevate Urban’s recruitment strategy and employer brand by coordinating talent acquisition programs and activities that build a diverse pipeline of talent while establishing Urban as an Employer of Choice. This position is a DMV-based hybrid position.
What You’ll Do:
Support Urban’s Talent Acquisition strategy by coordinating interview logistics including scheduling and conducting phone screens, coordinating on-site and virtual interviews, candidate travel, interview assessments, etc.
• Ensure positive candidate experience by collaborating with Talent Acquisition Team and Operations Colleagues.
• Post job opportunities to Urban’s external career site as well as to targeted diverse, academic and professional job boards
• Assist Talent Acquisition Team with candidate experience by responding to applicant inquiries.
• Research, develop and foster relationships with target universities, professional organizations and external partners to coordinate internal and external recruitment events and activities which support Urban’s recruitment pipeline.
• Serve as key contact and coordination lead for Urban’s Early Career Hiring.
• Maintain talent acquisition and hiring manager toolkits and TA intranet.
• Facilitate the consultant agreement and temporary staffing service processes.
• Process invoices, and expense reports and appropriately follow up with vendors/accounting team when needed.
• Provide support to the Talent Acquisition Director on key project deliverables and priorities.
• Support the planning and logistics for Urban Talent Acquisition events in Washington, DC and other recruitment projects and duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
The successful candidate will:
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources (or similar degree) or 2 years of experience supporting a Human Resources team. HRIS experience (Workday, Taleo, ICIMS or other
• Display prior experience in office administration and/or program or event coordination: University or college recruitment coordination experience preferred.
• Thrive in a dynamic environment utilizing excellent organizational and planning skills with a keen eye for detail.
• Be a creative problem solver with the ability to analyze and resolve challenges as they arise.
• Serve as a resource to the Talent Acquisition team and show a willingness to get the job done under tight deadlines and take initiative to suggest improvements or innovations to processes and tasks.
• Exhibit strong written, oral, and relationship-building skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional team members.
• Have advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) Social Media content creation is a plus.
What You’ll Experience:
No matter your role with Urban, you will contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference for people and communities across the country. And whether you call the Washington, DC area or elsewhere home, you can expect to be part of a welcoming and hybrid workplace. We are committed to cultivating a community and working in a manner defined by collaboration, equity, inclusivity, independence, and integrity.
Urban’s greatest asset is our people.
The salary range for this position is Min $52,781 – Mid $61,557– Max $70,333. Salary offered is commensurate with experience and considers internal equity. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Salaries are just one component of Urban Institute’s total compensation package. Urban is committed to supporting our staff’s physical, emotional, and financial well-being through a robust benefits package for yourself, eligible dependents, and domestic partners. It includes generous paid time off, including nine federal holidays, medical (including prescription), dental and vision insurance, and transit benefits. Urban is unique in that we offer 403(b) retirement plan participation immediately after you’re hired and a generous employer contribution after six months of service and 500 hours, with immediate vesting. You’ll also have access to a health advocate, personal finance coaching, an Employee Assistance Program, and educational assistance for undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
With the conclusion of the government-issued COVID-19 national public health emergency, Urban has updated our COVID-19 safety guidelines. All Urban Institute employees working from our onsite location must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and comply with any masking requirements. Fully vaccinated is defined as receiving the primary series of US-approved COVID-19 vaccinations (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Novavax, Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen) with the addition of at least 1 COVID-19 booster. Employees who are working onsite may request exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement based on a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated. Where such an exemption is approved, Urban will discuss potential accommodation with the employee. These guidelines do
not apply to employees who are teleworking or other offsite staff. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned. This posting is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Urban management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
The Urban Institute is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, veteran status, pregnancy or family responsibilities, matriculation, disability, political affiliation, or any other protected status under applicable law. The Urban Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.