Volunteer: HR Management/Recruiting- REMOTE
People & HR
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2023
Tutoria connects people in need with volunteer tutors via our online platform. Volunteers and clients sign up at https // tutoria.io. They select their interests (English tutoring, US Citizenship, or legal aid) and availability. They then connect with one another via direct message. Why Tutoria? There is a strong demand from immigrants for education and legal services around the world. There is also a large supply of volunteers offering to teach such classes. The bottleneck is that connecting immigrants and volunteers is done manually by non-profit staff, who do not have the capacity to provide matching/scheduling services. As a volunteer, you will not only create a social impact by helping us meet this need; you will benefit personally by working closely with a passionate group of volunteer professionals, including Tutoria’s leadership. The Ask The volunteer would be responsible for
- Screening volunteers to ensure there is a skill match.
- Explain the time and project commitment effectively.
- Communicate volunteer details to Tutoria leaders.
- Updating opportunity listings on Taproot and other platforms.
- Onboarding/offboarding volunteers.