Sr. Associate, Talent & Culture
Think of Us
Reports to: Sr. Director, People & Culture
Direct Reports: NA
Category: Full-time; Exempt
This position is integral to Talent and Culture support, where the candidate will contribute to developing innovative processes, facilitate onboarding and offboarding, and play a vital role in key initiatives such as performance management and team engagement initiatives. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to formulate long-term recruiting strategies, foster trusting relationships with the team, and assist in elevating the overall experience for our current and future team members at Think of Us.
Additionally, this position involves leading the recruitment process for Think of Us hiring teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring seamless workflows and effective communication in order to deliver a high-quality candidate experience. They will be in charge of sourcing talent through diverse channels, orchestrating interview and selection procedures, and actively expanding our reach.
Talent & Culture (45%)
- Assist with new hire onboarding (e.g. preparing necessary paperwork, scheduling trainings, organizing orientation events)
- Assist with creating seamless and replicable onboarding and offboarding processes utilizing our internal tools (Asana, Notion, etc)
- Support the performance management process leveraging all aspects of our performance management tool (15Five)
- Contribute to the development of innovative processes and policies that meet the needs of our growing team.
- Assist in key People & Culture initiatives such as performance management, career and learning development, DEIAB initiatives, etc.
- Support the logistics and coordination of events across the organization with a focus on team bonding and joy
Recruiting & Candidate Experience (40%)
- Coordinate the entire recruiting process, including candidate reviews, scheduling live interviews, communicating with hiring managers, conducting reference checks, etc
- Ensure and improve upon an excellent candidate experience through prompt follow-up, high quality support, and clear communication
- Prepare recruiting reports and provide updates to candidates, recruiters, and hiring teams regarding interview status
- Design candidate experience surveys and assist with analyzing feedback
- Co-create and update job descriptions
- Source potential candidates through online channels (e.g. social platforms, professional networks, and communities in which we’re active)
- Become the subject matter expert in our ATS, Greenhouse and respond to, troubleshoot, and resolve questions about our recruiting systems
- Assist in the creation and implementation of hiring toolkits
Team Engagement (15%)
- Coordinate logistics for all-team meetings, ensuring a smooth and engaging experience
- Establish a regular schedule for appreciation and culture-building events
- Manage the recognition processes, including gifts and shout-outs
- Assist in maintaining the People & Culture sections of our team’s handbook
- Work cross-departmentally to create and manage an organization-wide newsletter to enhance team member connectivity and transparency
- Actively engage in DEIAB learning events - this may look like participating events, assisting in curating and scheduling, gathering feedback, etc.
- Mission-Aligned: You are deeply passionate about our work and ideally have experience in and/or proximity to foster care, systems change and policy.
- Detail-Oriented: Shows rigorous and meticulous attention to detail. Draws on specific facts quickly and efficiently. Checks all work thoroughly to ensure accuracy. Notices important details not obvious to others. Applies careful attention to every part of a task. Prefers facts and details over abstract concepts.
- Information Seeker: Investigates thoroughly to get relevant information. Asks probing questions to get pertinent facts. Finds out what is really happening. Seeks out a variety of perspectives. Takes nothing for granted when gathering information. Obtains critical facts before making decisions.
- Collaborative: Partners with others to realize better results. Seeks input from others to make informed decisions. Finds common ground in completing tasks and solving problems. Cooperates with others to realize better opportunities. Works synergistically for mutual benefit. Brainstorms to add value and contribute new ideas.
- Personable: Has a friendly, approachable and outgoing style. Acts warmly and openly toward others. Accepts others' behavior in a non-judgmental manner. Relates well to a wide array of people. Interacts with others in a consistently positive and upbeat way.
- Continuous Learner: Driven to learn and stay current professionally. Translates mistakes into lessons learned. Seeks new knowledge both in and out of field. Solicits feedback and deals constructively with criticism. Makes personal sacrifices to continue education and training. Stays current in best practices to maintain competence.
- Enthusiastic: Shows a lively and genuine interest in work. Expects the best outcome when facing challenges. Responds to setbacks with an upbeat attitude. Shows excitement and passion about assigned work. Tackles difficult projects eagerly. Inspires others with energy and enthusiasm.
- Solid knowledge with recruiting strategies and best practices - including equitable and inclusive approaches for sourcing, evaluating, and interviewing candidates
- Proficiency in HR tools and systems (Greenhouse, 15Five, Notion, etc)
- Experience putting systems and processes in place to support the People & Culture Function
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility and Belonging principles
- Basic knowledge of labor legislation
- Have utilized professional social networks (LinkedIn, in particular)
- Experience working in remote-first, distributed work environments
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
The bullet points below are representative of the physical demands and working environment that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Standard / Remote office setting; proximity to and use of office equipment that includes electronic devices;
- Perceive and interact with text, media, and people;
- Communicate and accurately exchange information with text, media, and people
- We are seeking candidates for a position that may require irregular hours as part of the job's responsibilities. Our organization values work-life balance and strives to accommodate the diverse needs of our employees. While the standard work schedule may not always apply, we are committed to fostering a flexible and supportive work environment.
- The nature of this role may involve occasional evening or weekend work, with the understanding that time off or schedule adjustments can be made to ensure overall work-life harmony. We believe that maintaining a healthy balance between professional and personal commitments is essential for our team's well-being and productivity.
- We encourage open communication and collaboration, allowing for a mutual understanding of scheduling needs and commitments. If you thrive in an environment that offers flexibility and understands the importance of work-life balance, we invite you to apply and contribute to our dynamic team.
Our compensation philosophy is based on transparency and attentiveness to people's holistic needs. We believe that fair and competitive compensation is essential for attracting and retaining exceptional talent, which is crucial for achieving our audacious goals. Our compensation packages include both cash compensation and benefits and all decisions are made in accordance with our financial standing as a not-for-profit organization.
- The annualized compensation for this full-time role is $75,000.00.
- “Build your office” stipend
- Medical / Dental / Vision Coverage - We cover 100% of your premium and 50% of your family's premium for our "base" plan
- Health Care & Dependent Care FSA
- 8 major holidays + 3 Org wide Breaks over Summer, Thanksgiving, & Winter
- Flexible PTO
- Sick Leave
- Paid Leave of Absence
- 401k for pre-tax retirement contributions
- Individual & Organizational-wide Learning & Development
- We hold monthly learning sessions organization-wide to deepen our understanding of foster youth's Lived Experience. We also discuss topics outside of Child Welfare to foster curiosity and growth in our culture.
- We put you at the cutting edge of change in the child welfare system.
- We offer you the chance to engage with inspiring leaders in government, foundations, the nonprofit sector, and entertainment who are passionately committed to transforming the child welfare system.
Apply for this position