Senior Manager, Finance
Think of Us
Think of Us is structuring its Finance team to take TOU through its incredible growth, centering efficiency & output on leading to optimized success.
With our successful close of Audacious Funding, we are looking for a Senior Manager of Finance to work with our Senior Director of Financial Operations & Systems & COO to help design and execute our FP&A strategy as our organization scales to a $10-15M budget a year.
We are looking for a strong candidate to spearhead FP&A. They will be responsible for managing daily & monthly financial operations, managing our outsourced accounting team, and ensuring all financials are accurate and delivered on a timely basis to the Senior Director.
We’re excited to connect with candidates who demonstrate a track record of driving results, even when timelines are tight, and the pressure is on. Ultimately, their knowledge base should span a wide range of accounting & finance operations for companies with a yearly operating budget between $10-15M & 100 employees and contractors. They should also be excellent multitaskers with strong organizational skills. Proficiency in Excel is required.
At Think of Us, we’re proud of our nimble and driven culture – it means we’re ready to meet challenges and opportunities as they emerge. You must be comfortable – and hopefully, enjoy! – operating effectively even when priorities are shifting, and tasks are ambiguous.
This position is remote, with the possibility to travel.
- Managing Accounts Receivables and ensuring timely and accurate delivery
- Managing outsourced accounting firm
- Preparing financial documents for yearly audit
- Cash Balance & Reserve monitoring
- Managing AP
- Grant Managing, budgeting, & reporting with the Senior Director
- Overseeing time tracking & salary allocations for our governmental contract
- Supporting design & implementation of operational & finance systems
- Training team on financial systems
Examples of Financial Tasks
- Manages AR with monthly reviews of new opportunities in Salesforce. Responsible for providing a monthly report to the Senior Director of our AR.
- Supports Operation’s team with vendor & procurement process. Monthly review and reporting of all new vendors and their procurement status.
- Preps month-end close financial packet for final review.
- Updates and prepares Cashflow & Revenue Recognition report.
- Manages our accounting firm to ensure month-end close is on schedule and our accounting firm has what they need to close books.
- Preps budget to actuals.
- Preps monthly time tracking reports & invoices for our state contracts and other earned revenue.
- Reviews & preps reporting of monthly transactions in our accounting system.
- Finance Experience:: You have deep knowledge of finance & accounting procedures. Ideally, have experience with non-profit financials or a high level of for-profit accounting skills & knowledge that are transferable.
- Strategic Planner: You proactively anticipate and prepare for needed financial tasks and outcomes in a highly organized fashion. You consider the current needs of finance with the potential future needs and evaluate the best task schedule for strategic advantage while considering optimization and improvement at every level.
- Problem Solver: You proactively and effectively identify and solve challenging problems; this often will involve quickly and effectively seeking new information, mastering new skills and concepts, and managing stressful situations.
- Results-driven: In all you do, you focus on achieving results that promote business & operational success. You settle for nothing less than high-quality, high-impact work and have the professional track record to prove it.
- Comfortable with confidentiality: You deal confidently with TOU’s internal & operational policies. To a high degree, you hold the confidentiality of employee records and TOU’s financial & sensitive information, understanding when it is ok and when it is not ok to share information.
- Clear Communicator: You express complex ideas easily and effectively. You know how to use a communication style suited to the subject and audience.
- Teamplayer: You work well within diverse groups to achieve common goals.
A strong Senior Manager, Finance candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 4+ years of accounting & finance experience.
- Experience working in a start-up environment; nonprofit and systems change experience is a strong plus.
- Understanding of monthly accounting protocols with experience in managing those protocols.
- Experience in financial systems such as Salesforce, Sage Intacct, Bill.com, etc.,
- Experience reviewing and analyzing financial reporting and communicating essential details to the senior leadership team.
- Knowledge of and experience with accrual & financial schedule requirements. Experience with managing monthly accrual schedules is a plus.
- Experience with fulfilling Audit requirements is a plus.
- Experience with Excel with the ability to create formula-driven spreadsheets.
Our compensation philosophy is based on transparency and attentiveness to people's holistic needs. We believe that fair and competitive compensation is essential for attracting and retaining exceptional talent, which is crucial for achieving our audacious goals. Our compensation packages include both cash compensation and benefits and all decisions are made in accordance with our financial standing as a not-for-profit organization.
- The annualized compensation range for this full-time role is $85,000.00-$100,000.
- “Build your office” stipend
- Medical / Dental / Vision Coverage - We cover 100% of your premium and 50% of your family's premium for our "base" plan
- Health Care & Dependent Care FSA
- 8 major holidays + 3 Org wide Breaks over Summer, Thanksgiving, & Winter
- Flexible PTO
- Sick Leave
- Paid Leave of Absence
- 401k for pre-tax retirement contributions
- Individual & Organizational-wide Learning & Development
- We hold monthly learning sessions organization-wide to deepen our understanding of foster youth's Lived Experience. We also discuss topics outside of Child Welfare to foster curiosity and growth in our culture.
- We put you at the cutting edge of change in the child welfare system.
- We offer you the chance to engage with inspiring leaders in government, foundations, the nonprofit sector, and entertainment who are passionately committed to transforming the child welfare system.
Apply for this position