Think of Us
Think of Us (TOU) is at an incredible moment in our journey to transform child welfare - and is looking for a Product Manager to bring their expertise and vision to our work, and to product manage our Lived Experience Engine (LEE) product.
The LEE is a brand new centralized platform that we’ve finalized requirements and have allocated budget and staffing for and are now ready to start development for an initial (MVP) release in 2024. The LEE will be the first of its kind for internal and external users to access child welfare data all in one place.
We’re looking for someone who wants to manage this product to its first release and continue supporting it for future releases, driving innovation for this product. If it excites you to be part of a product that’s new to market, then you’re who we’re looking for.
The Product Manager will be a part of TOU’s Product & Engineering team, working in an agile, fast-paced environment as part of a highly passionate and collaborative scrum team. The ideal candidate will drive the direction of our LEE product from end to end. You will be responsible for understanding the market, owning product/feature prioritization and roadmap and leading releases from start to finish.
This role requires having technical expertise and business acumen as you work with software engineers, QA, DevOps and other technical resources along with business stakeholders to drive the vision of the product forward.
Examples of what you will accomplish could include:
- Working as part of a cross functional scrum team to develop, test and release a new product to market
- Managing the product release with the proper go-to-market strategy, ensuring all the different departments in the org are ready for the release
- Supporting the product to ensure successful adoption and continued usage through continuous improvement along with new and enhanced features
- Collaboration with other TOU product managers to ensure a consistent approach to product management across the org
Product Strategy (30%)
- Market research, competitive landscape analysis and assess revenue potential to inform product decisions
- Create and maintain a product roadmap that outlines milestones for product development
- Prioritize features and enhancements based on customer feedback, business impact/need, and resource availability
- Create epics, stories, and acceptance criteria for engineering team to develop requirements into products and solutions
Stakeholder Engagement (20%)
- Engage with both external and internal users to seek feedback, uncover and understand their needs and translate them into requirements to proactively improve our solutions
- Ability to work well with internal technical teams, including engineers, architects, Quality Assurance, and DevOps. Ensure requirements are fully understood and development matches expectations
- Answer questions about the solutions and its capabilities
- Follow other organizations and government agencies and conduct capability analysis regularly
- Work cross functionally with other teams in the organization to meet program needs and deadlines
- Be part of the team that owns the strategy, design and executions for product management
- Be the product owner for the LEE, providing guidance to engineering team and making informed decisions during sprint planning and execution
- Conduct product demos (prior to and after release) to stakeholders and gather feedback for continuous improvement for current and future versions
- Create and maintain technical requirements while having strong UX in mind
- Plan go-to-market strategy for releases, coordinating with all teams in the organization
- Drive enablement initiatives including training
- Monitor product performance, analyze key metrics, and gather customer feedback to measure product success and drive continuous improvement.
- Make data-driven decisions to optimize product features and user experiences.
- Build product management and other processes that will be used by current and future product management and technical team members
- Innovative: Uses original thinking to generate new ideas and solutions
- Strong Product Execution: You've crafted a vision, worked with others, created a roadmap, and ensured the work is completed successfully
- Analytical: You draw conclusions from numerical or technical data in a logical, systematic way
- Collaborative: You partner with others to realize better results.
- Detail-Oriented: You show rigorous and meticulous attention to detail
- Organized: You work methodically, timely, and organize priorities to hit critical deadlines
- Information Seeker: Investigates thoroughly to get relevant information
- Adaptable: You adjust easily to new or changing circumstances, especially with ever changing requirements for a new product.
- Mission-Driven: You have a deep commitment to our mission and nuanced understanding of systemic, structural racism and inequity
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Marketing or a related field
- 2+ years experience of product management, ideally in the non-profit space
- Proven track record with portfolio of successful projects from feature definition to release
- Experience conducting market & competitor analysis and engaging customers/external users for feedback and translating into product features
- Experience using a product/UX design tool such as Miro, Figma, Balsamiq or Figma for product ideation and initial design
- Experience with full software development life cycle processes and agile methodologies
- Experience using wiki/documentation collaborating tool such as Confluence for documenting technical requirements for products and features
- Experience using a software development/project management tool such as Jira for creating epics and stories for development by engineering team
- Experience managing data products or solutions with a data warehouse backend/integration a plus
- Life-Long Learner: you stay up to date with technology trends and industry best practices and share your learnings with the team.
- Deep commitment to our mission and nuanced understanding of systemic, structural racism and inequity
- Lived experience and/or proximity to Child Welfare, whether as former foster youth, kinship family or other, a plus
- We provide generous health, dental, & vision coverage for you and dependents as well as a 401k plan for your pre-tax retirement contributions
- We're a remote team with schedule flexibility
- We have a flexible vacation policy
- We hold monthly organization-wide learning sessions to deepen our understanding of the Lived Experience of foster youth and also on topics outside of CW to build culture of curiosity and growth
- We put you at the cutting edge of change in the child welfare system
- We provide the opportunity for you to interact with leading voices in government, foundations, the nonprofit world, and entertainment working to reform child welfare
This role has a salary range of $120,000-$150,000.
Apply for this position