People Operations Specialist
The Ocean Cleanup
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop and scale technologies to rid the ocean of plastic. At the People & Organization Team, our job is to enable our people in a way that they can do their best work together to achieve the mission successfully and to ensure that our people thrive while doing so.
“We want to welcome someone passionate about scaling up People Operations and eager to take this unique opportunity to bring the people processes to the next level.” Mariska van IJzerloo, People & Organization Director a.i.
To support our growing organization, we are looking for a passionate, proactive, and resourceful People Operations Specialist who will oversee and run People Operations smoothly and provide the best employee experience to our crew members. You prioritize, adapt and find energy in managing people-related processes and continuously seek improvement. It is a perfect opportunity for someone wanting to grow their people operations competence further. You will be joining an international People & Organization team of around 5 team members. Reporting to the People & Organization Director, you will work closely with other stakeholders to empower The Ocean Cleanup crew members to do the best work.
- Own the administrative processes of the employee life cycle, from Onboarding to Offboarding
- First point of contact for our crew members for their questions; provide guidance, advice, and problem-solving throughout their employee experience
- Analyse data and create dashboards, and in doing so, you play a crucial role in workforce planning
- Own the payroll in coordination with our Finance team for the crew in Netherlands & Malaysia
- Responsible for annual salary review cycle and salary benchmarking exercises
- Be the main point of contact for our external compensation & benefits vendors: payroll, ARBO, UWV, and pension provider
- Assist international crew with relocation process; applications for work permits and 30% ruling
- Act as advisor to MT and LT on people operational matters and provide data-driven advice
- Ensure the integrity of HR data in our systems
- Drive and implement initiatives in system improvements/processes
- Work together with the People Business Partners in processes such as absence management, onboarding, and performance enablement cycles
- Collaborate closely with the Legal, IT, Office, and Finance teams to guarantee smooth People Admin processes across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Psychology, Economics, Business Administration or an experience based 'equivalent'
- At least 3 years of experience in People Operations within a dynamic and international organization
- Solid understanding of Dutch employment law, payroll processes, 30% ruling, and HSM Visa applications
- Experience supporting payroll, compensation, and benefits matters
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Excel; you can create reports and make them easier to read
- Work experience at a scale-up is a plus
- Accurate and structured way of working and an eye for detail
- Data-driven and affinity with numbers
- Resilient and capable of prioritizing tasks
- People-focused and good communication skills
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful mission
- International mindset
Please note: because we are a non-profit, our salaries reflect that of an organization fully reliant on donations rather than that of a commercial entity. Conducting a pre-employment check is part of our recruitment process.
Curious to hear how it is to work at The Ocean Cleanup? Listen to our team members explain their work in our podcast.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union
A valid European Union work permit is highly preferred for this position. However, feel free to send an open application so we can contact you if an opportunity arises in your country.
Interviews have started, but please feel free to apply, as we might consider new applications.
Something looks off?