Board of Directors | Improved Processes
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE LEAD | IMPROVED PROCESSES
TechShift is a growing student-led organization that supports student organizations leading initiatives at the intersection of technology an social impact by providing mentoring, resources, and funding made possible by our alliance of member organizations across three continents. We began as an experiment in 2014 at Stanford University. Over the following years, Stanford CS+Social Good has grown into one of the largest groups on campus, shifting the conversation around technology at Stanford. In 2017, students from Brown University joined with Stanford CS+Social Good to launch their own organization on Brown’s campus, and an inter-organizational alliance began to form. The alliance has continued to grow with the aim of empowering students at every college and university to shift technology’s unfolding narrative to one that equitably serves all people in it.
We empower students to shift technology’s role towards bettering society and equitably serving all people in it by supporting student groups to organize initiatives in their communities; and by building a powerful alliance that shares in our vision of a fairer, more just technological future.**
TechShift Centers of Excellence serve as the common threads across The Board and Member Organizations to ensure consistency and optimal support. These differ from PODs in that they focus more strategically on cross-functional efforts and organizational activities. The Improved Processes Center of Excellence will establish the centralized process by which processes are tested and upheld, including workflows, feedback loops, process and tools as appropriate.
*THIS IS NOT A PAID BOARD POSITION
RESPONSIBILITIES & PARTICIPATION
- Works with Board and Member teams to set strategic direction for TechShift, ensure effective long-range planning, identify annual strategic priorities; and assess TechShift performance in achieving the strategic direction.
- Oversee the planning and execution of new processes and lead communications efforts of new processes.
- Ensure alignment of TechShift processes and resources align with the mission and strategic direction of the organization.
- Supports the composition of the board, including recruitment of new board members, when needed
- Serves as an organizational ambassador, with a willingness to speak on behalf of the organization and leverage your personal and professional networks to increase visibility to support TechShift goals.
- Orchestrate support from intra-COE as appropriate
- Attend bi-weekly board meetings and field discussions around technology needs
WHO YOU ARE
- You possess a process-centric mindset able to lead discussions around proper processes, dependencies, and inter-related impacts.
- You are passionate about the possibility of what technology can do to improve the world we live in.
- You are a self-starter and strategic thinker who can guide strategic discussions and think forward on impending needs.
HOW TO APPLY
We are committed to onboarding Board of Directors members who are passionate about our cause and understand our mission. In addition to your resume, please submit a cover letter that answers the following prompt:
Why do you want to empower students to shift technology’s narrative to one that equitably serves all persons?