Corporate Relations Manager
Full time, remote position. [Salary Range: $70,000 – $80,000]
We are looking for a relationship-oriented fundraiser to join our team as our Corporate Relations Manager. This is a new position on the team whose goal is to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with corporations that lead to them financially supporting our program. This person will report to the Senior Director of Development and collaborate with staff across the Fundraising Team, Volunteer Engagement Team, and Marketing Team.
Technovation is the world’s largest technology entrepreneurship program for girls.
Our mission is to empower girls to be leaders and changemakers in their communities by equipping them with problem solving skills, self-efficacy, and financial capacity. Through Technovation, girls around the world work in teams supported by mentors to develop mobile & AI based solutions to problems in their communities. See our “partner with us” page to see our current corporate funders and some data about our impact.
Technovation has just completed a strategic plan to scale up our programming over the next 15 years, which has resulted in ambitious fundraising goals for our Fundraising Team. The majority of Technovaton’s funds come from corporate funders, and this new role will be fundamental for Technovation to capture more inbound interest and expand the current corporate funders to support our growth.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with the full Fundraising Team to strategically pursue new corporate funders to reach our goal of raising $10M in 2023.
- Serve as the primary relationship manager of an assigned caseload of corporate funder prospects and own all moves management of those corporate prospects.
- Meet with corporate funder prospects and present Technovation’s programming and impact in a compelling way.
- Over time, manage relationships with all current funders that give less than $100,000, with a goal of 70% renewal.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Engagement Team to ensure that 1) every year, we convert 1-3 employee engagement partners into funders, and 2) corporate funders seeking employee volunteer engagement activities with Technovation have a satisfactory experience and return as funders.
- Work with program staff to ensure that corporate partners are appropriately recognized and engaged in Technovation’s programs and events
- With the support of our Development Specialist, ensure accurate and up-to-date record-keeping of all corporate giving and engagement activity in the organization’s donor database
- At least 5 years of experience in corporate relations, nonprofit fundraising, or related field.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and motivate diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated success in securing and managing corporate partnerships, including experience with donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Passion for Technovation’s mission and values.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to both independently own prospect cultivation and collaborate regularly with other fundraising team members to create the strategy, research, and assets needed to achieve team goals.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other donor management software preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: comfortable iterating and working in a fluctuating external environment.
Meaningful work. You’ll contribute directly to growing a movement, empowering girls to learn and use cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world problems impacting them in 100+ countries.
Autonomy. We don’t micromanage. We trust you to communicate clearly and discuss decisions with any people affected. In collaboration and negotiation with colleagues, you will be responsible for marketing & communication related decision-making.
Generous benefits and compensation. We offer 20 paid PTO days, 72 Hours sick time, 10 federal holidays, and an organization-wide closure between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day. We pay 100% of your healthcare premiums including vision and dental. Retirement plan options available after 1-year, with employer matching after 2-year vesting period.
Workplace input. We are open to adopting new workflows, new software, or other improvements that you think would increase our success, if you are able to champion and gain agreement for recommendations from colleagues.
Flexible work environment. We have core hours, but no one is looking over your shoulder. Go to appointments when you need to, as long as you’re getting your work done in good quality and on time.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity among its applicant pool as well as within our staff, Board, and partners. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please fill out this application form.
Something looks off?