Vice President Workforce Development
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2023
The VP, Workforce Development Programs will serve as a member of the executive leadership team. In collaboration with the COO, the VP will articulate and implement the strategic vision and leadership of TechBridge; oversee a significant portfolio of programs and related services; evaluate the effectiveness of programs to provide ongoing feedback; help to promote and diversify funding through effective resource stewardship at an agency with a healthy mix of government funding and private philanthropic support; raise the agency’s profile through external communications; provide mentoring, guidance, supervision, and professional development to staff; and enhance the structure of the organization by staying abreast of developments in youth workforce and education. VP, Workforce Development Programs will report to the CEO and will oversee a program portfolio that includes: 1) Youth STEAM programs; 2) Youth apprenticeship; 3) Adult workforce training; 4) Staffing and employment placement; 5) HBCU TechAdvantage and 6) Nonprofit partnership programs powered by TechSteps LMS. Responsibilities: Leadership, Staff Management and Organizational Strategy
- In partnership with the COO and Leadership team, implement TechBridge’s national expansion strategic plan, as well as develop and implement new initiatives that reflect the organization’s mission.
- Represent TechBridge on relevant committees and task forces, as well as at speaking engagements, conference panels and trainings.
- Directly supervise program directors, managers, and coordinators; working closely with senior program staff to build their skills and confidence so that they can mentor, encourage, and motivate all staff.
- Provide assistance and guidance on how to troubleshoot program and staff performance challenges.
- Mentor directors, managers, and coordinators on how to proactively engage in planning to improve program management.
- Deploy resources efficiently and effectively toward organizational goals, working with staff to balance workload and effort, and provide regular feedback so that key staff can continuously improve their supervision and mentoring skills.
- Create and support a high performing culture in the program department aligned with TechBridge core values: commitment, collaboration, innovation, and trust.
- Develop a team-based environment to motivate and inspire staff to work collaboratively toward vision and goal, by clearly communicating agency vision, implementing yearly staff development plans, and mentoring.
- Coordinate with the Chief Operating Officer to identify and create leadership and professional development opportunities for TechBridge staff.
- Establish annual program, departmental and staff goals and objectives and track results against these goals as well as accountability protocols.
- Participate in the budget development process and maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility across multiple revenue streams (philanthropic, partner and government).
- Support fund development efforts through the promotion and execution of TechBridge annual Digital ball and other fundraising events.
- Write grants, and support proposal writing by collaborating with the leadership team to steward funding relationships.
- Coordinate with the COO on developing new program ideas and pilot projects, including integrating successful pilots into the program department.
- Monitor emerging needs among key stakeholders such as clients, government, philanthropy, and employers.
- Work with Chief Data and Innovation Officer to provide programmatic data related to the impact TechBridge has on the lives of those we serve.
- Oversee the coordination, integration, and delivery of all programs, contracts and related services, promoting collaborative relationships between program areas and ensuring that the expectations of funders, partners, constituents, clients, and other stakeholders are consistently met.
- Respond to government and foundation requests for proposals and applications in partnership with development and senior staff, coordinate planning and activities necessary for development of model program designs in response to RFPs
- Work closely with the finance department to budget and monitor programmatic operations to ensure sound fiscal and system management.
- Ensure the delivery of qualitative and quantitative goals and outcomes of programs and services.
- Coordinate and analyze the appropriate data to inform the programmatic and operational decision-making process.
- Use the existing Salesforce CRM platform to increase TechBridge’s efficiency, transparency, and collaborative efforts among teams.
- Determine staffing plans to achieve program goals and objectives and participate in hiring decisions for new program staff.
- Deepen existing and create new performance and outcome measures for outreach and recruitment, completion rates, employment, retention, college, training, enrollment, completion, and other measures that are core to TechBridge’s mission.
- Develop an assessment protocol to determine the feasibility and sustainability of programs as well as lead to more effective and efficient service delivery.
- Analyze and assess programs based on data collected and implement corrective measures if required.
- A minimum of fifteen years leadership experience in nonprofit, government, workforce development or philanthropy, overseeing multiple programs or contracts ideally at an organization serving low-income youth or communities.
- Passion for TechBridge's mission and purpose and an ability to communicate this passion to others.
- Demonstrated experience managing a high-performing team in a multi-site structure to include professional development and mentorship.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of program planning, organizational structure, budgeting, administrative operations, and fundraising.
- Expertise in one or more of the following service areas: education, youth development, workforce development, employment, or adult education.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile complex data for planning and reporting purposes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to represent the organization externally across a wide range of stakeholders and constituencies.
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to find common ground, build consensus and strengthen collaboration among diverse stakeholders. Strong community awareness and astuteness.
- Ability to successfully navigate in a fast-paced, outcomes-driven, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, inclusiveness, and empowerment.
See more open positions at TechBridge
Something looks off?