Please ONLY apply if you translate these languages: Chuukese, Marshallese, and Tigrinya. All other languages will be disregarded.
TalkingPoints is an award-winning education technology non-profit organization with the mission to unlock the potential of low-income, underserved families to support their children’s learning by partnering with their children’s schools. COVID-19 remote learning environment has made our mission ever more urgent and important. We’re building a one-of-a-kind product in the market, a multilingual family engagement platform that connects families and teachers using human and artificial intelligence powered, two-way translated messages and personalized supports — eliminating language, time limitations, and know-how as barriers to school/family connection.
Millions of teachers and families are using TalkingPoints in their classrooms and schools and districts across the U.S. TalkingPoints works with key school district partners such as Oakland Unified, Wake County and NYC DOE. We have won awards from NYU, MIT, Google.org, Ashoka, Forbes and are backed by Google.org, AT&T, Carnegie Corporation, Schmidt Futures, Stanford University and NewSchools Venture Fund, to name a few. Most recently we were named an evidence-based learning platform to support by MIT’s J-Pal, and our research partners include University of Chicago and MIT. Learn more.
Diversity: we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it!
As a translator, you will have the unique opportunity to help millions of families communicate effectively with teachers and other school staff through the TalkingPoints platform. You will use TalkingPoints Crowdsourcing mobile app and website to fulfill translation requests within the translation time requirements, which is generally a 15 minute window. Translator roles at TalkingPoints are freelance (contractor), flexible, and remote!
Who you are
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3+ years experience as a professional translator (not interpreter).
- Advanced High or Native level in written language in both English and the translation language(s).
- Ability to meet/exceed our qualification testing criteria that assesses written translation capability.
- Flexibility to be responsive during some of US business hours (8am – 9pm ET), and be reliable in fulfilling translation requests within TalkingPoints time requirements.
- Experience and familiarity with using technology to work remotely - most translation requests will be completed and submitted through web and/or mobile applications.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in the US education system in any capacity.
- Experience in or empathy with communities we serve (e.g., underserved populations, education, immigration, bilingual and/or multicultural environments)
How to apply
Please submit your application, your resume and LinkedIn profile, if you have one.