Senior Partnerships Manager, Aid
Stellar Development Foundation
Interested in working on creating equitable access to the global financial system and cutting-edge blockchain technology? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
Cash-based interventions serve as a lifeline to millions worldwide in support of basic needs and broader development programs. Stellar Aid Assist leverages the power of the Stellar network and the broader Stellar ecosystem to get money into the hands of those who need it, quickly and at low cost. Organizations like United Nations agencies, INGOs, and governments can easily disburse bulk payments to thousands of recipients in a single batch to ensure organizations can maintain their response readiness in moments of crisis.
Moreover, transparency of funds flow is a key priority for many international organizations as they seek to trace the flow of funds and provide real-time transparency to donors. Organizations like the World Bank and the European Commission are actively looking at blockchain for the distribution of development aid. Stellar is building tools to facilitate transparency, traceability, and auditability of blockchain transactions for enterprise use.
We are looking for a talented Partnerships Manager with experience working with aid and development organizations who can help grow the use of Stellar at international organizations, with a focus on growing Stellar Aid Assist and scaling it to help more and more people. This person will manage our relationships with donor and implementing organizations, including various United Nations agencies, as well as help coordinate cross-functional work at SDF to grow Stellar’s offerings to these types of entities.
In this role, you will:
- Help identify new organizations that could use Stellar Aid Assist and other ecosystem products
- Form relationships with senior leaders at organizations that can contribute to the future of digital asset programs
- Own key relationships at organizations using Stellar to ensure partner satisfaction
- Serve as an internal leader to drive initiatives and advocate for these partners
- Help manage the onboarding of new deployments of Stellar Aid Assist
- Represent the Foundation at aid-related conferences and events throughout the world
- Identify relevant programs, grants, and RFPs for which Stellar Aid Assist may be a fit and lead internal efforts for those initiatives
- Collaborate with other SDF stakeholders on public sector outreach
- Serve as the sector expert ensuring that the team is well informed on key developments and insights across the INGO sector and formulate actionable recommendations.
- You have 7+ years of relevant experience, including working with or at global aid or development organizations, with a preference for experience with cash programs
- You are a self-starter and have a natural curiosity towards technology
- You have a strong interest in blockchain technology and financial inclusion
- You have significant experience working with internal and external stakeholders to execute projects and/or business negotiations
- You see projects through to completion and always communicate outcomes to stakeholders
- You thrive in a collaborative team environment with multiple stakeholders while having a high degree of accountability and autonomy
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $150,000 - $200,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, we offer lumen-denominated grants along with the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats