Developer Marketing Lead
Stellar Development Foundation
Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
The SDF Marketing team aims to attract new partners and developers to build on Stellar, nurture its existing ecosystem, showcase its growing number of products, and create stronger brand awareness in a constantly evolving industry. As Developer Marketing Lead, you’ll be part of the Marketing team reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and work cross-functionally within the marketing team and across SDF. You will establish the strategy and organize the execution of SDF’s developer marketing efforts, driving awareness and usage of Stellar within the developer community.
To succeed, you will be proactive, creative, organized and detail oriented, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and scrappy environment.
In this role, you will:
- Drive awareness and usage of Soroban, SDF’s new smart contract platform for Stellar via integrated marketing planning and execution
- Work closely with the Communications, Digital Marketing, and DevRel teams to develop relevant, informative, and engaging marketing material that resonates with the crypto audience, such as blog posts, social media posts, and web pages.
- Identify and engage with key influencers/organizations in the crypto and blockchain space, building relationships and securing collaborations that can help promote Soroban and the Stellar developer ecosystem.
- Collaborate with our Developer Relations team to market their content and programs
- Conduct competitive and market research on industry trends, emerging technologies, and other networks to refine messaging and represent the voice of the market internally with DevRel and Marketing.
- Identify broader blockchain communities and channels where SDF should be present and drive/coordinate that activity
- Work with our Events team on any relevant 1st or 3rd party developer events
- Work with Digital Marketing (media, web, email) on outreach and digital journey on stellar.org
- Manage additional developer marketing resources
- 10+ years of marketing experience, including developer marketing roles.
- Experience with and understanding of the blockchain developer audience, and creating marketing campaigns to drive awareness and engagement among that audience
- Track record of successful cross-functional work
- Strong team management and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience, Master's Degree bonus
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $190,000 - $200,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, we offer lumen-denominated grants along with the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats