Events and Field Marketing Manager
Stellar Development Foundation
Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
SDF Events team aims to create unique and memorable experiences to attract new partners and developers to build on Stellar, nurture its existing ecosystem, showcase its growing number of products, and create stronger brand awareness in a constantly evolving industry. As a Field Marketing Manager, you’ll be part of the Marketing team reporting directly to the Director of Events. You’ll be working cross-functionally within the marketing team and across SDF and with external vendors. This role will primarily focus on all major third-party conferences that SDF sponsors and participates in and you’ll leverage your expertise in the industry to align with the company’s objectives, build and maintain strong relationships, drive engagement and pipeline, and analyze post-event performance.
To succeed, you will be proactive, data-driven, organized and detail oriented, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and scrappy environment.
In this role, you will:
- Craft a comprehensive annual sponsorship strategy and work internally across multiple stakeholders including communications, partnerships, developer relations, ventures, product marketing, digital, and creative teams to represent our brand and align with the company’s objectives.
- Be responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of high impact blockchain, crypto, and fintech industry events (in-person and virtual) to create new business, drive pipeline, and drive brand awareness.
- Own the overall logistics and operations internally as well as externally with third party conference organizers and vendors, oversee the speaker coordination, manage budget, venue selection, email marketing, registration, events calendar updates, production, and final event delivery.
- Track event results and metrics to measure success and deliver post-event performance. Share actionable insights and recommendations on future tactics.
- Research, identify, and stay up to date on industry trends globally to recommend strategic positioning and sponsorships YoY and bring innovative ideas and best practices.
- Domestic and international travels may be required for events.
- 3+ years of related marketing event experience in a B2B environment
- Previous sponsorship experience working on small and large conferences
- Excellent project management and organization skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously in sometimes very short turnaround time
- Strong sense for details and hands-on on projects
- Knowledge of event technologies including registration systems
- Experience with marketing automation tools like Hubspot
- Must be metrics driven and be a strategic thinker
- Proactively bring creative ideas with a strong focus on customer experience, engagement, growth
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels aligned with SDF’s values
- Industry knowledge is preferred.
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $90,000 - $120,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, we offer lumen-denominated grants along with the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats