Office Assistant (Part-Time)
Stellar Development Foundation
Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
SDF is looking to add a creative, detail-oriented, and proactive Office Assistant to our People team. The person in this role will partner with our Office Manager (who is based in San Francisco) to create a welcoming and engaging office experience for SDF employees and guests in our New York office.
The successful candidate will deliver excellent customer service while managing all day-to-day operations, maintain and organize our work environment, and create a place where employees can be productive and enjoy themselves. The Office Assistant will be the first point of contact for our Brooklyn office and will assist with a variety of administrative tasks such as event coordination, vendor management, new employee onboarding, and ordering and restocking supplies.
This is a part-time position based in Brooklyn, NY. The ideal schedule is 2 days per week for 5 hours per day (ideally from 12pm-5pm) but we can be a bit flexible on the exact times and days.
In this role, you will:
- Provide in-office support and help keep the office environment pleasant and productive
- Be the go to resource in the office for all employee questions, help employees with their concerns or help them find the right person.
- Assist with set up and clean up as needed
- Coordinate with vendors such as office cleaners, lunch delivery, office supplies, snacks and beverages, landlord relations, etc.
- Work with vendors to order swag and distribute it to employees
- Provide employee on-boarding & off-boarding support
- Work with the People team to plan and coordinate activities and events (e.g., team outings, company parties, offsite, team building activities etc.).
- This position will also include various ad-hoc projects and administrative tasks required to support the business
- 1+ year of experience in office coordination (preferably in a startup or fast growing company).
- High degree of resourcefulness.
- Strong organizational and creative skills, detail-oriented and ability to handle multiple and ever-changing priorities in a fluid startup environment.
- Ability to deal with last minute changes and deadlines while showing grace under pressure.
- Ability to shift tasks and priorities in an effective way at the drop of a hat.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness.
- High energy, team player, result-oriented.
- Employee/customer first mentality.
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $25 - $35 per hour for 10 hours of work per week depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. Benefits listed below do not apply to part-time employees:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats
Something looks off?