Policy Communications Manager
Stellar Development Foundation
Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
We are looking for a Policy Communications Manager who is excited by public policy and advocacy. In this position, you will help craft and tell the global story of the Stellar Development Foundation and its mission to create equitable access to the financial system and the regulatory environment needed to allow the Stellar network to thrive and achieve this mission.
This position requires initiative, strategic thinking, and the ability to execute. The day-to-day will range from aligning with internal stakeholders to external engagement with the media. You will draft external content – from tweet threads to videos to 2-pagers to blog posts – execute communications visibility strategies – pitching press interviews, securing event speaking opportunities, preparing speakers with content and research, organizing owned events, and more – all to position our policy priorities and organization domestically and internationally.
In this role, you will:
- Build and implement proactive and creative communications campaigns that reinforce and highlight SDF’s policy and regulatory positions and its mission
- Draft internal messaging on policy positions to be used for external communications (i.e., maintain a policy and regulatory talking points library) and create supporting content on core positions
- Engage regularly with the media about SDF’s policy goals and priorities in the context of our larger company narrative to create equitable access to the financial system.
- Support content development for external speaking engagements around the world, such as presentations and talking points
- Draft editorial content for policy spokespeople for SDF’s corporate channels (social media and the blog)
- Draft editorial content for external channels like op-eds and third party publications
- Execute on visibility tactics, on an international scale, for priority policy positions
- Pitch participation and coordinate third-party events
- Organize SDF-owned events, in-person and virtual, like roundtables and panels
- Expertise in media relations, policy communications, and issues management
- 3+ years experience in policy communications or public affairs
- Understanding of how the media covers policy and how to engage
- Experience working in fast-paced, fluid and challenging environments (and enjoy it!)
- A deep understanding of the media and what makes a story, and a proven record of successfully managing journalists and shaping stories
- Strong writing skills and can distill complex issues into clear, easy-to-understand and compelling messages
- Experience working across a company with different internal stakeholders to create and execute on ideas and campaigns
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $81,000 to $108,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, we offer lumen-denominated grants along with the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats
Something looks off?