Writer in Residence (Indonesia)
Solve Education! is a non-profit organization committed to helping children and youth around the globe receive quality, effective education. We are looking for a Writer-in-residence responsible for creating and producing Solve Education’s learning content, marketing materials, business materials, and publications. You will oversee the quality of our educational content, which will be consumed freely by students all over the globe through our game-based learning platforms. If you have a drive to educate the world, this would be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Help the content development team to produce texts for quizzes and check the accuracy and quality of the language for each quiz.
- Create, edit, and revise customer-facing written materials, including social media posts, newsletters, campaign materials, or business-to-business presentation materials
- Draft press releases
- Identify, develop, and write materials for submission of grant proposals and reports
- Proofread other writers’ drafts
- Assist with cross-function assignments to achieve Solve Education!’s mission. Collaborate with other teams, including management, product design, and engineering, to ensure cohesive branding and public relations. Includes requesting and integrating content submissions and ideas from collaborators across the team.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and spoken (equivalent to C1 or above in CEFR)
- Passionate about story-telling
- Poses flexibility to perform in an agile work environment
- Must be able to work independently and produce quality writing both for internal and external purposes
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions
- Able to make complex technical matters easy to understand even for non-technical people
- Have strong acumen in understanding data and campaigns, able to use data to strengthen a piece of writing, and explain data in an easy-to-understand manner
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task projects and deliverables
- Proven experience working under pressure to deliver high-quality output in a short span of time
- Experienced in teaching English as a second or foreign language or English learning content development is a great advantage
Please send your CV and other relevant documents to email@example.com.