Operations Consultant (Part-Time, Remote)
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Schoolhouse.world is a non-profit startup founded by Sal Khan with the mission of connecting the world through learning. Our peer tutoring platform empowers learners everywhere with free online tutoring over Zoom. We currently have thousands of users from 150+ countries, with plans to grow this platform to millions.
We are an eight-person remote team—small but mighty—and are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment.
About the Role
We are looking for a part-time consultant to join us in our audacious mission by executing on critical operational tasks while also building improved systems that can effectively scale. These tasks will support both the full-time team and the volunteer community, and run the gamut from user support to volunteer & community management to safety operations.
• You’re a generalist and also entrepreneurial. You’re willing to learn whatever it takes to accomplish your goals. You’re also good at context switching.
• You have a strong bias towards action and are exceptional at executing on operational tasks, no matter how small or large. You’re not afraid to work on repetitive tasks if it furthers the mission.
• You have an interest in problem solving; you approach problems like a puzzle and communicate the solution with enthusiasm and clarity.
• You can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment: embracing ambiguity and uncertainty, balancing rapid experimentation with scalable solutions, and adapting to roles that continually evolve.
• You are a skilled communicator and have exceptional written communication; an ability to convey empathy for a person via written word.
• You have experience working with teenagers.
(Nice to have) You already have operations, customer-facing experience, and/or community/management experience.
• 1 to 10+ years of work experience
• You’re impact oriented. It’s what drives you.
• Fully remote
• An opportunity to work with and learn from a very talented team
• A rewarding and important role in a small, mission-oriented startup leading a movement in peer tutoring.
See more open positions at Schoolhouse
Something looks off?