What you'll be doing:
- Collaborating with the product team to develop new features for our online EdTech product.
- Building technical solutions that coordinate between our Publishing, Web, and Data platforms.
- Monitoring, expanding, and managing the infrastructure running our platforms within AWS.
Principles we observe:
- Mandatory Testing: we write tests to ensure that bugs stay fixed and that systems are working end-to-end.
- Code Matters: we take the time to make sure code is maintainable and that new features don’t get in the way of refactoring.
- Operational Consistency: we utilize continuous integration and delivery, rigorous systems monitoring, and practice infrastructure as code.
Basic familiarity with the following is a plus: Vue.js, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Redis, SQL, RedShift
About: Reading comprehension is the most important 21st century skill, yet only 34% of all students in the US, regardless of family income, read and comprehend at a proficient level.
ReadWorks is committed to helping solve this crisis. Engaging nearly 1 million teachers and over 11 million students across the country, ReadWorks is a nonprofit that provides teachers and caregivers with free resources and tools based on the science of reading to help ensure EVERY child becomes a successful and joyful reader.
Through our website (www.readworks.org), ReadWorks provides compelling reading content, research-based curricular supports, guidance, and digital tools, while simultaneously participating in research that informs the larger education community. By both expanding our reach and deepening our impact, ReadWorks is helping students reach their highest potential in school and life.