Product Marketing Manager at Quill.org
The Product Marketing Manager Role:
[Quill.org] is currently searching for a product marketing manager who will directly manage efforts to raise Quill’s overall brand awareness and help drive earned revenue by generating and nurturing leads for Quill Premium.
The product marketing manager will be accountable for the entire marketing funnel, finding and addressing issues in the marketing funnel to prevent and reduce customer churn and identifying opportunities to grow Quill’s premium customer acquisition.
The ideal candidate cares deeply about education and is excited to help drive growth and impact. This role is for someone who is a self-starter, highly efficient and organized, enjoys troubleshooting, and excels in dynamic and fast-paced environments. This individual contributor role is on Quill’s partnerships team and reports to the VP of Partnerships and Professional Services.
Role and Responsibilities:
The product marketing manager’s responsibilities include:
- Creating, managing, and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns leveraging SEO, social, inbound marketing, email campaigns, and virtual events to drive customer acquisition
- Building and managing content that attracts a qualified audience (including blog posts, whitepapers, infographics, etc.)
- Creating marketing materials for potential funders, sales prospects, and free users
- Optimizing marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels
- Establishing analytics to understand better how our inbound marketing activity converts customers
- Conducting customer, competitor, and product research
- Creating monthly reports of monthly activity, advice and recommendations, and a clear summary of performance against the key performance indicators and metrics
- Proposing new and improved inbound and outbound marketing campaign ideas
This role may be a good fit for you if:
You have strong “top of funnel” marketing skills, with experience in growth, content, product and/or inbound marketing. You’re comfortable creating systems, troubleshooting, figuring things out, and always learning. You want to work for a small, collaborative, dynamic organization, take ownership end-to-end, and do what it takes to get multiple campaigns launched.
You’re organized, methodical, and lean into understanding the data and people; you are familiar with marketing funnel metrics and can speak to supporting moving the needle regarding lead generation and revenue growth.
You deeply respect and understand students, teachers, and pedagogy.
Successful candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of edtech, education, or SaaS product marketing experience
- Understanding of SEO, lead conversion, and retention marketing
- Previous instructional experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Efficient organizational and time management skills
- Data-driven and research-oriented
- Proficiency in marketing automation
- Strong project management skills, with experience developing and executing marketing strategies while collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders
- Familiarity with CRM and marketing tools
- Understanding the role of AI in the edtech space is a plus
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity; experience working in a start-up is highly preferred
At Quill, we offer a flexible schedule, pretty spectacular benefits, and an amazing team of brilliant, supportive colleagues. We believe in a growth mindset, one of our organizational values, learning from our mistakes and celebrating each other’s success as we work toward our collective impact!
Salary: The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $120,000.
In the interest of equity, Quill does not negotiate outside of this range; all of Quill’s salary ranges are developed through market research and a commitment to fairness and equity internally. Final salary offers will be a combination of a candidate’s skills, experience, and in consideration of current internal salaries.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision Insurance (Aetna), 4% 401k Matching, 33 Days Paid Holidays & Paid Days Off (with Unlimited Sick Leave), $1,500 professional development stipend annually.
Location: This is a remote role with preference given to those in Eastern or Central time zones (or willing to work those hours if located in other time zones).
Typical office hours: Quill maintains a 40-hour work week with a flexible daily schedule.
Start date: September 2023
To apply, please send a cover letter highlighting why you’d be a great fit for the role and your resume to Christina Collins-Berry, VP of Partnerships and Professional Services, at [email hidden]. Your subject line should state: Marketing Manager at Quill.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with interviews beginning the week of August 14.
Note: Due to the number of applicants, we cannot provide updates on the status of your application. Those selected for interviews will be notified within two weeks of submission of their resumes.