Pro Trainer (Part-time, Temporary)
ABOUT THE POSITION
We're looking for a dynamic, flexible and skilled educational temporary, Pro Trainer to provide professional development for adult learners on how to facilitate healthy play. Working primarily with external clients, the Temp Pro Trainer helps foster relationships with and delivers trainings across the region. This includes working with school districts, afterschool programs, and community based organizations. Every training helps both adults and kids create a place where everyone belongs, has fun and is part of the game. The Temp Pro Trainer will work closely with the New England Pro Team.
This is a part-time, temporary non-exempt position based in Southern Massachusetts/Rhode Island that may require travel.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide trainings and consultation to both corporate and school based partners to include: teachers, school staff and admin, students, and youth workers within the areas of play, youth development, recess design, physical activity, group management, conflict resolution, youth leadership and program sustainability
- Develop and maintain relationships with external clients pre and post trainings, including visits to schools to provide observations, consultation, and collaborative action planning with school site teams
- Contribute to the development and continued quality improvement of Playworks curriculum, including working with Playworks Pro to develop training content and techniques
- Support the creation of new services and tools such as trainings, conference programs, promotional materials, playshops and other educational and marketing resources
- Build strong relationships with key strategic partners to generate opportunities for future trainings, working closely with the New England Pro Team to vet and approach partners for continued relationships
- Provide trainings to clients outside of the youth development sphere in order to support strategies that bring in new resources and partnerships that extend Playworks’ reach
- At least 2-3 years’ experience delivering training to adults
- Extensive knowledge of youth development principles and practices, especially relating to social and emotional learning, play and inclusion
- Strong and dynamic facilitation skills
- Strong stage presence, public speaking skills and active listening skills
- Experience in development and delivery of trainings and curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional relationships with external clients and represent organization’s brand in a professional manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with strong follow through on details
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with a playful, exuberant and mildly irreverent workplace culture
- Thrives in an environment characterized by growth, diversity and change
- Able to work outside of normal business hours, including evenings and weekends
- Requires travel to local and regional training locations at an average of 2-3 training days per month, not including travel days
- Must own vehicle or have ongoing access to vehicle to ensure reliable transportation to and from training sites
- Valid state-issued driver's license required, including a current MVR, proof of liability and property damage insurance with a minimum of (100,000; 300,000) on vehicle used
Other things you need to know:
- This position will require travel to various locations. Must own vehicle or have ongoing access to vehicle to ensure reliable transportation to and from training sites.
- If a Playworks employee is required to drive a vehicle for work related purposes (not commuting purposes) the employee must complete an authorization form and provide us with evidence of valid, current driver's license and proof of liability/collision/property damage insurance with minimum coverage of $50,000 each accident/ $100,000 each occurrence.
- You must have outstanding communication skills-in addition to maintaining an open line of communication; you'll demonstrate excellent communication skills, including good phone and email etiquette and the ability to facilitate small and large group presentations.
- Requires flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
THE TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE BENEFITS
- This is a temporary, non-exempt position with an anticipated rate of $30/hr.
- You will join a dynamic team and workplace that offers flexible hours and remote working options.
- Please submit (1) a resume and (2) a cover letter describing your interest in Playworks and how your experience has prepared you for this role.
At Playworks we believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid. We are changing school climate by leveraging the power of safe, fun, and healthy play at school every day. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills. We partner with schools, districts, and after-school programs to provide a service or mix of services including on-site coaches, professional training for school staff who support recess, and consultative partnerships.
We are committed to racial equity, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color, indigenous people, gender non-binary people, and people with historically more marginalized identities to apply for open positions. Our core values of inclusion, respect, healthy community and healthy play are the foundation of our organization and are infused in all aspects of our work.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If that is you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself!
As an equal opportunity program, Playworks encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, gender identity/expression, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability, or any other legally protected basis. Playworks evaluates all candidates for employment, volunteering opportunities or board service on a merit basis.