ABOUT THE POSITION, in the role of Operations Manager, you will assist with the oversight and coordination of
Playworks programming, administrative and capacity building projects. This position is a key resource in advancing Playworks’ goals and will work collaboratively with Playworks staff and Americorps Members. This role reports directly to the Director of Field Operations, and supports the regional Playworks offices of IL, IN, MN, WI, and New England
Specifically, you will support the hub in the following ways.
Hub/State Operations and Administration 40%
- Support Hub leadership with administration tasks and special projects as needed.
- Drive recruitment strategies for regional program staff, volunteer, and intern openings.
- Oversee HR/personnel administration, including compliance, recordkeeping, onboarding, and offboarding.
- Lead, in partnership with the Director of Field Operations, regional staff in the development, creation, and maintenance of Hub-wide systems, processes, and procedures.
- Supervise Operations Specialist to ensure effective Hub-wide operations, regional personnel support, invoice and deposit management, and general program support.
- coordinate, support, and track regional and hub-wide evaluative efforts.
- Partner with the National HR/People Team, Finance, Solutions, and Operations departments to support the rollout of org-wide projects and initiatives in regions as needed.
School Programs and Partnership Engagement 30%
- Manage regional timelines for assessments, audits, and other data collection processes to ensure compliance and timely completion.
- Manage ordering of Pro and direct service materials and support of logistics and scheduling, as appropriate.
- Manage school contracts and invoicing, including contract creation and distribution, Salesforce recording, and school fee collection tracking and reporting.
- Support the rollout and launch of digital services in regions
Team Health and Culture 20%
- Assist hub leadership with planning, coordinating, and organizing hub-wide meetings. learning and community-building events and activities.
- Assist national and hub-wide groups with the implementation of hub/org-wide initiatives and learnings
AmeriCorps Grant Administration 10%
- Manage and facilitate the Onboarding and Offboarding of Americorps Members using existing systems and processes.
- Manage Volunteer activity and compliance.
- Manage Member timesheets and tracking
WHO YOU ARE
- Self-starter. You set clear goals and follow through with flexible and creative problem solving. You can work independently with minimal supervision. You also seek and incorporate feedback from your colleagues.
Communicator. You are not afraid to ask questions. You openly communicate with teams and departments that are different from yours, facilitating collaboration and serving as a thought partner for members of the entire organization.
- Highly organized. You are great at multitasking and able to manage your time across multiple priorities.
- Detail Oriented. You catch the little things and think it’s a big deal.
- Flexible. You thrive in an environment characterized by significant growth, diversity and constant change.
- Mission Driven. You are committed to Playworks’ mission and vision to improve outcomes for children and schools. You are also committed to Playworks Equity Statement, recognizing that equity learning is a journey that will require a willingness to participate in organizational-wide learning and development.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably with nonprofits, fundraising and/or education/school/youth development services
- College degree or similar combination of experience and education preferred
- Solid supervisory, project management and external partner/client management experience.
- Strong presentation and communication skills both verbally and in writing with experience communicating effectively with broad and diverse audience
- Ability to communicate/interact professionally and effectively with a broad and diverse range of individuals (includes executives, business leaders, coworkers, students and teachers, variety of cultures and backgrounds)
- Demonstrated database management skills.
- Advanced computer skills, especially MS Word and Excel with ability to learn new technology quickly. Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Ability to problem solve, set priorities and juggle competing demands effectively
- Comfort with a playfully professional workplace culture. Interest in and commitment to the tenets of AmeriCorps, volunteerism and national service programs. Experience working with an Americorps program is a plus!
- Passionate commitment to Playworks’ mission and vision to improve outcomes for children and schools.
Compensation & Benefits:
Playworks offers the full package - great benefits, a fun place to work and an opportunity to grow professionally. We offer:
- This is a full-time exempt position that reports to the Director of Field Operations. This is a remote position that is based in Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, New England or Wisconsin.
- At Playworks, our starting salary takes into consideration internal pay equity, geographic pay differential and robust external market data. We highly value transparency and equity within compensation and therefore are committed to adhering to established compensation pay points. The starting salary for this position is $54,900.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) with employer match, life insurance, employee funded pre-tax health and child care spending accounts.
- Generous paid time off with paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
This is a hands-on, creative, playful and fun-loving place to work, all while contributing to the success of our nation’s youth. So if you're ready to immerse yourself in the education sector, working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the skills, experience, passion, and a team spirit, apply!
- A cover letter describing your interest in Playworks and how your experience has prepared you for this role.
- Professional work samples and references will be requested if competitive for the position.
Other things you need to know:
- This position may require travel to various regional locations.
- If a Playworks employee is required to drive a vehicle for work related purposes (not commuting purposes) the employee must complete an authorization form and provide us with evidence of valid, current driver's license and proof of liability/collision/property damage insurance with minimum coverage of $50,000 each accident/ $100,000 each occurrence.
- Typical Physical & Mental Demands: Typical Physical & Mental Demands: Requires prolonged sitting with some bending, stooping and stretching, and eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, photocopier, calculator and other office equipment. Also requires flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
ABOUT PLAYWORKS, at Playworks we believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid. We are changing the school climate by leveraging the power of safe, fun, and healthy play at school every day. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills by partnering with schools, districts, and after-school programs through services including digital engagement, on-site coaches, professional training for school staff who support play, and consultative partnerships.
We are committed to racial equity, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color, indigenous people, gender non-binary people, and people with historically more marginalized identities to apply for open positions. Our core values of cultivating play, center equity, continued learning and collaboration within communities are the foundation of our organization and are infused in all aspects of our work.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If that is you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself!
As an equal opportunity program, Playworks encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, gender identity/expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, faith, marital status, physical ability, or any other legally protected basis. Playworks evaluates all candidates for employment, volunteering opportunities or board service on a merit basis.