Site Coordinator Minnesota
ABOUT PLAYWORKS, At Playworks we believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid. We are changing the school climate by leveraging the power of safe, fun, and healthy play at school every day. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills by partnering with schools, districts, and after-school programs through services including digital engagement, on-site coaches, professional training for school staff who support play, and consultative partnerships.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Do you have a passion for working with children in play-based and recreational environments? Do you want to make a real difference in the lives of youth? Are you looking for a great career opportunity with strong benefits and room for growth? If you answered yes to these questions, the Site Coordinator role may be a great fit.
As a Site Coordinator with Playworks Minnesota, you will empower schools to leverage healthy play, physical activity, and social/emotional learning to create a positive school culture and bring out the best in every kid. You will partner with a few different schools throughout the school year to implement Playworks' play-based learning curriculum, introduce best practices, lead a student leadership program, and deliver professional development to staff.
You will work directly with school administration, teachers, and recess teams to teach our strategies, games, and systems and sustain a positive classroom and recess culture. You will have a unique blend of program, administrative, and partnership responsibilities that collectively support programming for the kids who benefit from it. You will plan and implement sports and play-based programming, create fun and inclusive environments, lead instructional games, and more.
Specific job duties listed below.
You’re playful, love to teach others, and you’re passionate about creating meaningful change in elementary education and the lives of Twin Cities youth. You are highly organized, creative, flexible, and enjoy problem-solving. You consistently meet deadlines and strive to improve processes and adapt to evolving environments. You have solid technical skills and 2+ years of experience working with small or large groups of children. You are able to work on-site at schools around the Twin Cities and surrounding area. It’s a bonus if you’ve led adult trainings, created or delivered presentations, or worked with diverse communities.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven organizational and prioritization skills to coordinate programming with multiple school partners.
- Extensive knowledge of youth development principles and practices, especially relating to social and emotional learning, play and group management.
- At least 2 years of experience working directly with small and large groups of children.
- Experience working collaboratively with adults and/or facilitating trainings for adults.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to facilitate small and large group presentations.
- Experience establishing and maintaining professional relationships with internal leadership and teams and external clients through excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- Experience interacting with diverse communities and ability to integrate into school communities.
- Knowledge of and experience collaborating with others through computer and internet based programs especially Google Drive, and virtual meeting platforms such as Google Meets and Zoom.
- This position requires travel to various regional locations. School sites may be widely dispersed in the city/region therefore daily access to reliable transportation is required.
- Requires flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to work from home if needed.
Compensation & Benefits:
Playworks offers the full package - great benefits, a fun place to work and an opportunity to grow professionally.
- Competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience.
- This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Salary: $43,000 - $45,400
- Benefits Include
- Generous “Flex” Paid Time Off policy
- Paid time off around school holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) with 3% company match
- Employee funded pre-tax health, and child care spending accounts
- Paid sick and holiday leave
- Professional Development assistance
School Based Programming Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement a consultative play-based program at our public elementary school partners.
- Coordination with administration, educators and recess teams for scheduling program delivery. Including the collecting and maintaining paperwork, organizing and keeping current on daily, weekly, monthly schedules, meeting agendas, notes and data.
- Deliver onsite and/or virtual coaching, consultation, and modeling to School Personnel regarding implementation of:
- Recess - With School Personnel create and coach recess staff to develop a safe and inclusive recess experience.
- Student leadership program – with School Personnel organize an in person or virtual “Junior Coach” student leadership program by facilitating training as well as coaching staff to supervise and manage Junior Coaches roles in the classroom and recess.
- Community Learning Time - coordinate and lead play based instructional classes with elementary age students and their teachers teaching cooperative games, and activities while building social and playground skills.
- Model Playworks core values, program implementation, group management, and rapport building strategies for School Personnel.
- Provide school personnel with action plans and feedback regarding program implementation.
- Lead monthly meetings with school personnel to discuss best practices for program implementation and program quality goals.
- Provide Playworks Program Manager with observation notes and program strategy for program quality consultation priorities to school.
- Facilitate training(s) with the Program Manager for school staff.
School Partnership Duties:
- Consistently represent Playworks’ brand in a professional manner.
- Design program schedule with input and support from school administration.
- Communicate with school administration regarding program implementation logistics and management support needs.
- Facilitate school’s transition to other Playworks training, programs, and products in preparation for future school year.
- Showcase Playworks services in additional prospective schools to assist with an existing school recruitment strategy for growing TeamUp services within the region
- Participate in opportunities to become a certified trainer in Playworks Pro services.
- Provide timely client communication, proactive internal Playworks communication and timely reporting.
- Collect and maintain paperwork including organizing daily, weekly, and monthly schedules, timesheets, and mileage reports
- Support school recruitment administration that may include, school contact research, analyzing outreach data, attending local conferences and resource fairs.
- Provide Playworks Program Manager with weekly observational updates on program quality and partner in consultation priorities to schools.
Regional Support Duties:
- Support in delivering corporate engagements to adults such as School Beautification, Play Days, Corporate Recess in person or virtually.
- Support regional team and national program department with delivery of programmatic learning, pre-service training, management resources and contribute to the development and continued quality improvement of Playworks curriculum.
- Participate in fundraising projects and events i.e. End of the Year Appeal and annual events.
This is a hands-on, creative, playful and fun-loving place to work, all while contributing to the success of our nation’s youth. So if you're ready to immerse yourself in the education sector, working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the skills, experience, passion, and a team spirit, apply!
- Cover Letter (optional) describing your interest in Playworks and how your experience has prepared you for this role.
- References may be requested.
Service Environment: This position operates in both a school and office environment both indoors and outdoors. The position interacts with children on playgrounds and in classrooms on a daily basis. Scheduled hours loosely align with school day schedules (approx. 8am-4pm, M-F).
Typical physical and mental demands:
This position requires sufficient physical ability and mobility to stand for extended periods at times; walk on a school site in various weather conditions; to climb stairs at some sites; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach and twist and, dependent on assignment the employee may occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Playworks is changing the way children experience school every day by leveraging the power of safe and healthy play. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills. Our ambitions demand that we invest in recruiting, developing and managing a team that reflects the broad diversity of our communities.
Our core values: cultivate play, center equity, continue learning, and collaborate within communities are the foundation of our organization and are infused in all aspects of our work, including recruiting and retaining the best talent we can. While diversity is often used in reference to visual characteristics such as race, ethnicity, age, sex and physical appearance, we embrace a broader definition of diversity that also includes less visible factors, we also recognize that individuals can affiliate with multiple identities.
As an equal opportunity program, Playworks encourages applications from all individuals regardless of national origin, religion, gender, differing abilities (physical, mental, learning), sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, political affiliation, military experience, and any other legally protected basis. Playworks evaluates all candidates on a merit basis.