Pro Trainer, Southern California
ABOUT THE POSITION, as a Pro Trainer you will provide professional development for adult learners on how to facilitate healthy play. Working primarily with external clients, a Pro Trainer helps foster relationships with and delivers trainings across the country to partners such as school districts, after school programs and community based organizations. Along with attending conferences and providing meaningful team buildings with our Corporate Partners. Each training helps both adults and kids create a place where everyone belongs, has fun and is part of the game. The Pro Trainer will work closely with the SoCal and CA Hub Leadership Team, is supported by the CA Trainer and reports directly to the CA Partnership Director.
This is a full-time exempt position based in California that requires statewide travel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- At least 50% of this role will be based out of San Diego, CA - delivering trainings, stewarding partnerships, and supporting with expansion and renewals within this geographic region
- Provide trainings and consultation to both corporate and school based partners to include: teachers, school staff and admin, and youth workers within the areas of play, youth development, recess design, physical activity, group management, conflict resolution, youth leadership and program sustainability
- Develop and maintain relationships with external clients pre and post trainings, including visits to schools to provide observations, consultation, and collaborative action planning with school site teams
- Contribute to the development and continued quality improvement of Playworks curriculum, including working with Playworks Pro to develop training content and techniques
- Support the creation of new services and tools such as trainings, conference programs, promotional materials, playshops and other educational and marketing resources
- Build strong relationships with key strategic partners to generate opportunities for future trainings, working closely with California Trainer & CA Partnership Director to vet and approach partners for continued relationships
- Build strong relationships with Local and Statewide Playworks Leadership, along with Cross Hub Leaders in Innovation and Pro, to increase impact in regions and provide high quality customer service to training clients
- Provide trainings to clients outside of the youth development sphere in order to support strategies that bring in new resources and partnerships that extend Playworks’ reach
- Work directly with Development Directors to Lead and support California wide team, pro and grant funded pro metrics that includes the quality of these services along with specifically supporting Grant Funded Pro end of the year Impact reporting
- Meet monthly and annual targets focused on nurturing relationships with existing customers
- Manage Pro pipeline and partner data collection, keeping detailed records within Salesforce
- At least 2-3 years experience delivering training to adults
- Extensive knowledge of youth development principles and practices, especially relating to social and emotional learning, play and inclusion
- Strong and dynamic facilitation skills
- Strong stage presence, public speaking skills and active listening skills
- Experience in development and delivery of trainings and curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional relationships with external clients and represent organization’s brand in a professional manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with strong follow through on details
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with a playful, exuberant and mildly irreverent workplace culture
- Thrives in an environment characterized by growth, diversity and change
- Able to work outside of normal business hours, including evenings and weekends
- Requires extensive travel to local and national training locations at an average of 11 training days per month, not including travel days
- Must own vehicle or have ongoing access to vehicle to ensure reliable transportation to and from training sites
- Valid state-issued driver's license required, including a current MVR, proof of liability and property damage insurance with a minimum of (100,000; 300,000) on vehicle used
What we offer:
Playworks offers the full package - great benefits, a fun place to work and an opportunity to grow professionally.
- This is a full-time exempt position that reports to the Regional Partnerships Director. This position will be based in our Illinois office with frequent travel.
- At Playworks, our starting salary takes into consideration internal pay equity, geographic pay differential and robust external market data. We highly value transparency and equity within compensation and therefore are committed to adhering to established compensation pay points. The starting salary for this position is $62,400.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) with employer match, life insurance, employee funded pre-tax health and child care spending accounts.
- Generous paid time off with paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
If working hard while making room for play sounds like your ideal place to work, then apply online to join our team:
- A cover letter describing your interest in Playworks and how your experience has prepared you for this role. Please also include your salary expectations.
- References will be requested.
ABOUT PLAYWORKS we believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid. We are changing the school climate by leveraging the power of safe, fun, and healthy play at school every day. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills. We partner with schools, districts, and after-school programs to provide a service or mix of services, including on-site coaches, professional training for school staff who support recess, and consultative partnerships.
We are committed to racial equity, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color, indigenous people, gender non-binary people, and people with historically more marginalized identities to apply for open positions. Our core values of cultivating play, center equity, continued learning and collaboration within communities are the foundation of our organization and are infused in all aspects of our work.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If that is you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself!
As an equal opportunity program, Playworks encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, gender identity/expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, faith, marital status, physical ability, or any other legally protected basis. Playworks evaluates all candidates for employment, volunteering opportunities or board service on a merit basis.