Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project
Location: Sarajevo, BiH
Terms: Full time, subject to 6 months’ probation period, 1-year employment contract initially.
Application Deadline: February 25, 2024 at 11:59 P.M. CET
About the Organization
The Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) is a growing, global nonprofit media organization that is reinventing investigative journalism for the public good. By developing and equipping a global network of investigative journalists and publishing their stories, we expose crime and corruption so the public can hold power to account. We see a future where organized crime and corruption are drastically reduced and democracy is strengthened. Our global team includes editors, researchers, data engineers, security specialists, administrators, technologists, and strategists, each with areas of in-depth expertise. For information about OCCRP please visit www.occrp.org
OCCRP is hiring an HR Assistant to ensure our HR department is organized and operates smoothly to attract, hire and retain our staff members. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, is a problem solver with top critical thinking skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence. The HR Assistant duties involve a wide range of support activities inside our HR department, from coordinating meetings to maintaining our staff database to posting job ads. An important part of your role will be to act as the liaison between HR and staff members, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions. You’ll also assist in creating processes and documents.
- Assisting with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Assisting in handling time cards, leave records, salary/honorarium payments and related inquiries.
- Maintaining absence/travel calendar, staff contact lists and other worksheets and HR tools, as requested, by updating and entering data.
- Assisting in maintaining current HR files and databases.
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations.
- Setting appointments and arranging meetings.
- Making pre-employment and annual background and security checks for staff.
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in the interview process and recruitment efforts.
- Handling job ads and recruitment - posting job ads on all relevant job pages as agreed, communicating with hiring managers and web team, researching new job pages as required, maintaining track of all job ads and job applicants, sending weekly candidates updates, processing job ad related payments and answering job related inquiries;
- Compiling reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets, as requested.
- Producing statistical charts as requested, for reference, comparison and analysis.
- Providing logistics support of administrative activities including visa related matters.
- Supporting the HR Team in all HR related matters, and as needed Administration, Programs and Finance teams.
- Communication with the HR Team on a daily basis and reporting on HR Director’s request.
- Performing other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Either BiH citizenship or the right to reside and work in BiH.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR, social studies, law or relevant field, or High School Diploma with minimum 3 years of related experience.
- Fluent in English language, written and spoken.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
- Highly computer literate and fluent in using basic digital tools e.g. Google Drive, and related business and communication tools, knowledge of HRMS is a plus.
- To be an ideal candidate for the human resources assistant position, you should also hold an HR-related degree and have some experience in our industry.
- Able to work well with people from a range of countries, languages and backgrounds, online and in person;
- Able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, with staff members, management, and in group presentations and meetings;
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities efficiently;
- Well organized, accurate with meticulous attention to detail, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- Able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and to improve performance through management feedback.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to jobs[at]occrp.org
All applications must be submitted in English. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Whilst we have internal goals to reply to unsuccessful candidates, we regret that the high number of applicants greatly exceeds our capacity to respond to each person. We apologize that we will not be able to reply to any unsuccessful applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, OCCRP values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, medical conditions, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process, please contact hr[at]occrp.org