Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project
Location: Sarajevo, BiH
Terms: Full time, subject to 6 months’ probation period, 1-year employment contract initially.
Application Deadline: February 25, 2024 at 11:59 P.M. CET
About the Organization
The Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) is a growing, global nonprofit media organization that is reinventing investigative journalism for the public good. By developing and equipping a global network of investigative journalists and publishing their stories, we expose crime and corruption so the public can hold power to account. We see a future where organized crime and corruption are drastically reduced and democracy is strengthened. Our global team includes editors, researchers, data engineers, security specialists, administrators, technologists, and strategists, each with areas of in-depth expertise. For information about OCCRP please visit www.occrp.org
OCCRP is hiring an HR Officer to ensure our HR department is organized and operates smoothly to attract, hire and retain our staff members. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, is a problem solver with top critical thinking skills, has strong math skills with an ability to spot numerical errors and a high degree of emotional intelligence. You will be responsible for administrative tasks and you’ll contribute to making the company a better place to work. If you are passionate about HR and highly efficient, give us a chance to meet you. We expect you to have knowledge of various HR functions. We want to see a committed and approachable individual and be impressed with your character and skills.
- Responsible for handling time cards, updating and entering data and automating these processes for better efficiency.
- Responsible for handling salaries and honorariums payments and related inquiries.
- Responsible for preparing employees compensation by the end of each month.
- Responsible for calculating bonuses and allowances.
- Assisting in the system automation process and suggesting improvements.
- Involved in every aspect of the employment process, including orientation and training new staff members.
- Supporting the development and implementation/upgrading of HR initiatives and systems, while playing an important role in these processes.
- Researching, analyzing, reporting and implementing possible improvements and solutions to HR processes and workflows as agreed with HR Director and HR Analyst;
- Maintaining and updating various HR related lists and conducting staff surveys as required;
- New staff onboarding - Training - conducting initial HR briefing/presentation with new hires (this is connected with the induction process).
- Offboarding of leavers.
- Providing logistics support of administrative activities, cooperation with various service providers; registering new staff with insurers as needed.
- Assisting in handling processes and following procedures when hiring new staff members.
- Drafting contracts using standard templates.
- Supporting the HR Team in all HR related matters, and as needed Administration, Programs, Finance teams and other departments.
- Communication with the HR Team on a daily basis and reporting on HR Director’s request.
- Performing other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Either BiH citizenship or the right to reside and work in BiH;
- Fluent in English language, written and spoken.
- BSc in Accounting, Human Resources or relevant field.
- Proven work experience as a Payroll Officer, Payroll Clerk or similar role
- Hands-on experience with HRIS software.
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Highly computer literate and fluent in using basic digital tools e.g. Google Drive, and related business and communication tools, knowledge of HRMS is a plus.
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Able to work well with people from a range of countries, languages and backgrounds, online and in person;
- Able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, with staff members, management, and in group presentations and meetings;
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities efficiently;
- Well organized, accurate with meticulous attention to detail, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality;
- Able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and to improve performance through management feedback;
- High level of integrity and confidentiality;
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to jobs[at]occrp.org
All applications must be submitted in English. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Whilst we have internal goals to reply to unsuccessful candidates, we regret that the high number of applicants greatly exceeds our capacity to respond to each person. We apologize that we will not be able to reply to any unsuccessful applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, OCCRP values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, medical conditions, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process, please contact hr[at]occrp.org