Curriculum Implementation Support Advisor
Position: Curriculum Implementation Support Advisor
Location: Flexible (100% remote)
Type: Full-Time, Short-Term Consultant (8-10 month position)
Overview of nXu
nXu (short for nexus) is a non-profit initiative that provides research-based, transformative, purpose-driven learning experiences for youth and adults through a school-based curriculum, educator training and development, and direct student programming. Through our model, we cultivate spaces to elevate joy and center our collective stories. We dig deep to explore the unique set of joys, strengths, and values that intersect to drive each of us in a meaningful direction. In doing so, we learn to see our identities as powerful and essential for charting fulfilling future pathways.
Overview of Role
We are seeking a full-time, short-term Curriculum Implementation Support Advisor to support schools/organizations that partner with nXu to implement nXu’s middle and high school purpose, SEL, and career development curriculum. This critical team member will coach and guide nXu partner educators to effectively implement nXu's curriculum.
The Curriculum Implementation Support Advisor will support, develop, and empower educators nationwide with the implementation of nXu’s curriculum. They will be responsible for helping educators to build a vulnerable and asset-based class culture, pace the curriculum for the educator’s specific use case, and respond to formative data and student feedback so that students experience positive purpose and SEL development. The ideal person for this role will possess robust experience with SEL development, equity & inclusion competencies, instructional best practices, development & delivery of professional development, teacher coaching, community-building, and curriculum implementation. The right individual will have experience supporting a diverse group of educators working in a range of educational settings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Essential to our school and organizational partners' effective implementation of our Nexus curriculum is the support and guidance provided by members of our team. We are seeking a highly motivated and adeptly skilled Curriculum Implementation Support Advisor to provide the following:
- Educator Coaching:
- Via frequent virtual check-ins, supporting educators and their schools/organizations to integrate nXu’s content into their program model based on their specific use case;
- Providing ongoing, tailored strategic guidance and coaching around curricular selection to meet the needs of each partner;
- Ensuring a high quality experience for all students and educators in the implementation and delivery of nXu’s curriculum.
- Professional Culture Development: Cultivate and create a supportive and intellectually curious professional atmosphere in which educators feel meaningfully supported in their delivery of nXu’s curriculum.
- Internal Partnership Management: In collaboration with other members of the team, support nXu to codify our partner support systems. This includes participating in internal calls to discuss partnership trends with the goal of optimizing the effectiveness of our partnership support model.
- Program Representation: Serve as a positive representative of nXu with partner schools and organizations as well as with the broader educational community. There is the potential for modest travel to partner schools.
The right candidate for this position possesses the following skills, traits, and experiences:
- At least five years of instructional and curriculum development experience at the middle or high school level;
- At least two years of experience coaching and/or managing teachers;
- Experience teaching content related to social-emotional learning, identity development and/or related whole child development topics;
- Experience working with a diverse population of students across various grade levels, especially BIPOC students and students from low-income backgrounds;
- Comfort with periodic travel for school visits to conduct observations, engage in feedback/coaching sessions with educators, and to support with program implementation;
- Knowledge of and experience with cultural responsiveness and practices that result in equity and inclusion;
- The ability to motivate and inspire educators and professionals, particularly around topics of purpose and SEL development;
- Belief in nXu’s mission and a passion for helping young people and professionals explore, articulate and pursue their purpose in life;
- The ability to create an inclusive and equitable program culture for all nXu constituents;
- The ability to receive and implement feedback and coaching;
- Comfort in working with a remote team, often independently; and
- Current authorization to work in the United States secured by the first day of employment.