Part-Time Growth Marketing Consultant
Position: Part-Time Marketing Consultant
Location: Virtual (100% Remote)
Type: Part-Time Consultant (10-15 hours/week)
OVERVIEW OF NXU
nXu is a national non-profit initiative that delivers best-in-class resources, development, and support to educators so that all students in schools across the country can lead thriving lives, driven by purpose and connected to a community. Our research-based curriculum integrates 5 key developmental areas—purpose, identity, social-emotional wellness, social capital, & career exploration—into a single solution to support students in defining personal & professional pathways that align with their evolving sense of self.
Few schools are designed to intentionally foster youths’ sense of purpose, identity, social capital, and SEL skills needed to navigate our changing world. And few provide space for youth to deeply explore their purpose & identity and to engage in career exploration through these lenses. In response, nXu has developed a middle and high school curriculum—and an associated assessment system—that strategically integrates purpose, SEL, identity, and social capital development as well as career exploration.
To support effective implementation of its curriculum, nXu has established a curriculum implementation support model through which they partner with schools and youth-serving organizations across 20+ states. nXu’s long-term aspiration is to become the preeminent, high quality, purpose, SEL, and career development solution in the country.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
nXu is seeking a versatile, creative and entrepreneurial marketing consultant to support the execution of its marketing and branding initiatives, focused on growing awareness of the need for purpose development and nXu’s role in filling that need.
The right person for this role will have experience leading and/or supporting a growing organization’s marketing strategy, with a focus on website redesign, design of nXu marketing collateral and social media posts, funnel optimization via CRM and email automation, and the broader development of nXu’s marketing campaigns, projects & content. The role requires a talent for storytelling and excellent writing skills, as well as knowledge of the K-12 education space.
This is a part-time, virtual role. The point of contact for this position is nXu’s Executive Director, Yutaka Tamura.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the organization’s branding and marketing content development related to email, social media, website redesign, marketing collateral and other external channels;
- Design and create innovative and engaging content for student & adult audiences to promote nXu programming and initiatives;
- Design and implement social media campaigns to grow nXu’s reputation and recognition;
- Assist the team with content and collateral design to build relationships with target accounts via email and live and virtual events;
- Monitor nXu’s online presence, ensuring strategic and critical growth targets are achieved; and
- Support the nXu team in additional areas of marketing and branding as needed.
The right candidate for this position must possess the following skills, traits, and experiences:
- A belief in nXu’s mission and a passion for helping young people and professionals explore, articulate and pursue their purpose in life;
- At least 3 years of marketing experience, with a strong preference for experience in the K-12 education space;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to connect with diverse audiences in terms of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and more;
- Experience using Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides, as well as a familiarity with Squarespace, Mailchimp, and various social media management tools;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to build the brand of a growing organization;
- Self-directed and comfortable working with a remote team, often independently;
- A strong attention to detail;
- The ability to manage multiple priorities at one time;
- The willingness to share feedback and reflections with peers and nXu leadership directly and in a way that can support shared resolution;
- The ability to receive and implement feedback and coaching; and
- Current authorization to work in the United States secured by the first day of employment.
nXu offers competitive compensation for this consulting role.
nXu provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.