OpenTEAM Marketplace Tech Coordinator (Remote or In-Person)
Freeport, ME, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2023
About Wolfe’s Neck Center
Wolfe’s Neck Center for Agriculture & the Environment (WNC) is located in Freeport, Maine, and uses its over 600 acres of coastal farmland to connect people of all ages to the food they eat and where it comes from. Through regenerative farming, innovative soil health research, and visitor interactions, this place-based organization is now used as an educational resource to create a healthier planet for all. We hope to inspire active participation in a healthier food system and build a community of people who care deeply about the future of food.
Led by Wolfe’s Neck Center, Open Technology Ecosystem for Agricultural Management (OpenTEAM), is a community of farmers, ranchers, businesses and developers working to increase food system resiliency in the face of climate change. By acting as a convener, technology steward, and facilitator, we are equipping food system leaders with shared knowledge, collaborative frameworks, and open-source, connected technologies to build climate change resilience and thriving communities.
With the award of our USDA Partnerships for Climate Smart Commodities grant, OpenTEAM is expanding our role as a convener and facilitator to include a new technical development focus on marketplaces. Our vision is to collaborate on and deliver a digital marketplace that is always available, functional, and secure, while advancing sustained price premiums for farmers, verifiable sustainability goals for buyers, and climate & environmental benefits for the planet. This position will be a main point of contact for our internal and external partners working on marketplace development work streams. The Marketplace Tech Coordinator will facilitate science and industry review processes for these cross-organizational projects in addition to overseeing the development and maintenance of marketplace scoring and benchmarking functions as a member of OpenTEAM’s Tech Team.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. If you do not fit this description perfectly but believe that you would be a good fit for this position, please do not hesitate to reach out with questions or apply. Reasonable accommodations will be made to individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Facilitating or participating in collaborative, tech-focused working groups on the topic of climate-smart marketplace development and farmer/buyer benchmarking
- Leading data modeling, benchmarking maintenance, and coordination support between tech platforms, buyers, and producers
- Supporting a versioning process to maintain updated tables and data compatibility
- Providing administrative support to the technical work streams, including manual data entry support where necessary
- Monitoring data exchange and updating resource lists to maintain accurate national reference tables and communications to marketplace stakeholders
- Serving as the point person for technical assistance providers and regional marketplace program managers who are working in developing environmental marketplaces
- Relevant experience in data management and modeling, human-centered design processes, agricultural technology, economics, and/or finances
- Experience working with diverse teams of tech developers, scientists, and policy-makers
- Knowledge of agricultural research methods or data collection
- Demonstrated passion for food systems change
- Comfort with communicating complex technical or agricultural processes
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a growing team and develop effective working relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Preferred: Experience working on farms or ranches
- Legally able to work in the United States (we cannot provide VISA sponsorship)
- This position can be done remotely or on-site at our waterfront campus in Freeport, Maine.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (which includes original doses and all available boosters) may be required.
As a full-time employee of Wolfe’s Neck Center, this position is eligible for benefits offered including health insurance, dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays in addition to sick days, and a retirement savings plan. If on-site, the employee will be eligible for a ½ CSA share from the Center. You can learn more about the specificities of available benefits here. Compensation commensurate with experience: $54,000-$64,000.
Please apply by clicking the link below and submitting a cover letter and resume. We are reviewing applicants on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Wolfe’s Neck Center for Agriculture & the Environment does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates. Applicants are selected based on their ability to perform the essential functions of the job, prior related work experience, and references from previous employers. You can read our full code of conduct here. All new hires may be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination (including boosters) for employment.