Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
Organization’s goal is to expand its current work in all health service facilities of DGFP and DGHS of Bangladesh and to serve patients where we will develop, launch and implement a context-specific, needs based, interactive, and adaptable intervention. Noora Health will introduce new modalities of training and decentralization of training facilitation for service providers. As the Training Associate, you need to support Training Managers, actively involved in all kinds of training preparations, co-facilitate the ToTs and trainings, and support day to day training team activities. There will be field visits throughout Bangladesh in each and every month. You will work under the training team and report to the Training Manager.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Professional experience of minimum 2-3 years in public health sector
- Ability to fit in and be a team player
- Proactive, energetic and well organized
- Diplomacy, humility, confidence are all important traits
- Keep close coordination with co-workers
- Ability to innovate, to handle challenges and to improve upon efficiencies
- Ability to work in the urban and rural setups
- Willing to travel to remote places when required
- Ability to work in collaboration with the other Noora teams.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reportable to the Training Manager
- S/he will be actively involved in the execution and supporting of ToTs and Trainings
- Supportive supervision visits of the facilities to handhold the Master Trainers and CCP trainers
- Coordinate with other Noora teams about training related matters
- Manage all the training related tools, collaterals and materials
- Assist in managing LMS/CMS platforms
- Adapt and execution of internationally accepted training modalities (hybrid, blended etc.)
- Support and manage simultaneous multiple training initiatives
- Assist in preparing quality PowerPoint presentations
- Provide technical support to arrange online training using digital platforms like (zoom, google meet, Microsoft team, slack, WhatsApp and others).
- Any other tasks assigned by the line supervisor and Training Lead
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor degrees- Medical Science/Nursing/Public Heath/Social Science
- Master degrees- Preferred in Nursing/ Public Health/Social Sciences and development Studies
- Good communication and training skills
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and teaching techniques
- Basic computer skills- email, G-drive, windows office, WhatsApp, PowerPoint etc,
- Handling of training accessories
- Problem solving, crises handling and nurses mentoring
- Efficient in record keeping of soft data and documents
- Ability to liaise with different stakeholders in health sectors
- Ability to work proactively, both independently and be a team player
- Must be fluent to read/write/speak in Bangla and English. Knowledge of the different dialects will be an added advantage
- Willing to travel to remote places within the country and abroad when required.
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.