Program Coordinator - Tumkur
Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The objective of this role is to develop a constructive, interactive, continuous and adaptable knowledge-building system for the population accessing public healthcare. As a Program Coordinator, you will play a critical role in managing the engagement of the Care Companion Program with our partners.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Manage end-to-end operations of Yos Aid program at identified hospital partners:
- Support Program Manager/Lead Trainers in the implementation and maintenance of the Care Companion Program. The operations of our program are divided into different phases that include both on-site implementation (requiring travel) and off-site support. You will be closely involved in each of these phases.
- Be the primary coordinator for a set of partners, which include public hospitals. This will require people management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attend the review meetings held at hospital and district level for building connections, rapport for smooth implementation of the program.
Monitoring of the CCP in partner hospitals:
- Quantitative Monitoring: Actively monitor the output data for the assigned hospitals and work along with the program manager to address the operational challenges identified during the monitoring process.
- Qualitative Monitoring: Conduct class quality audits for a randomly selected set of hospitals every month.
Support training of the trainer activities at identified hospital partners:
- Support the Master Trainers/Lead Trainers in delivering the ToT modules for the different content areas in the local language.
- Identify the need for booster training sessions and coordinate its logistics.
Program Iterations/Product Testing:
- Work with our in-house team of designers and content creators to implement our experimental design activities in the hospital partners.
- Gather feedback on the experiments conducted by the team, supporting them in making various operations/content decisions.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- The position requires heavy project based travel to various healthcare facilities (DH, SDH, CHC, PHC and HWC) in a few districts in the given state. Travel may be for an extended duration and sometimes requires relocation to another region of the state.
- You will be located in the district headquarter of your work location.
- 0-6 months of relevant work experience with problem solving skills, a team player and an excellent communicator.
- Language criteria: Kannada & English (applicant should have fluency in the native language of the state and candidates without above-mentioned language proficiency need not apply).
- Healthcare or management background (MPH, MHA, MBA, MSW, BPT, Bachelors in nursing).
- Proficiency in MS Office/G-drive, common computer applications.
- Required to manage relations with government staff in a sensitive manner at the same time ensuring their training outcomes are met.
- Preferable to have your own vehicle/two wheeler for local travel.
We are hiring for Tumkur
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.