Medical Content Reviewer - Punjabi
Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will be working as a Medical reviewer of the content for our various collaterals - including Flipcharts, Posters, Leaflets, Training Manuals, Audio-Visuals, IVRS scripts, research documents, survey questionnaires and of our Whatsapp service, which is a follow up to our intervention Care Companion Program (CCP).
- Review and translate medical and creative health communications materials into and from Punjabi as required.
- Ensure the Punjabi translation is medically accurate as per the original base language file provided.
- Check translation quality, proofreading and editing of materials and participate in briefing/review discussions
- Work with the Content and Design team to ensure that translated content conveys the source language meaning accurately; and if needed, edit, rewrite, and restructure translation
- Take ownership of the reviewed content to be medically accurate before it is passed on for production
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Preferably from Medical Background (MBBS, Nursing, BDS)
- Prior experience in medical and/or health IEC/communications translation
- Ability to write/review the translation in an easy-to-understand manner while keeping the end users in mind without losing the medical accuracy and essence.
- An interest to engage and understand the needs expressed by the patients and caregivers who interact with us on our WhatsApp service.
- Adept in functioning in a work-from-home environment and be available for video calls with a remote working team
- Ensure quick turnaround time for medical reviews.
- Expert in speaking, reading and writing Punjabi.
- Ability to comprehend various dialects of Punjabi to help us assist the families.
- Comfortable using android phones, web browsers, Gmail, Google Docs/sheets/slides, Microsoft word/excel/presentation, Video calling apps (Meet, Zoom etc.) and other popular online websites.
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.