Social Media Manager
Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented creative social media professional to lead Noora Health’s social media charge. This person will grow our social media content pipeline, presence, online communities, and engagement metrics by developing best-in-class content that amplifies our brand story, model, impact, and partnerships across our various social platforms.
This role is intended for someone who loves to both write and evaluate, conceptualize and execute — and enjoys a fast-paced, collaborative environment. A passion for how design can elevate an organization’s social media footprint is also critically important for this role. Ideal candidates are comfortable working across South Asian and North American time zones. This individual will be part of our communications team, and also work closely with our programs, film, design, and leadership teams to showcase Noora Health creatively and authentically as a leader in global health.
Manage All Facets Of Social Media, Including:
- Create a forward-thinking, actionable social media strategy for Noora Health, with a focus on growing the organization’s audiences and engagement rates across all social media platforms in ways that best represent the brand and its tone of voice.
- Own the complete process of content development, design, execution, and measurement for social media, including:
- Maintain best practices across our social media channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter (X), Facebook.
- Also provide support to our film team’s YouTube manager.
- Manage all social media requests (proactive and reactive) from start-to-finish, including feedback loops.
- Utilize and strengthen existing processes and utility of our social content management tools (comfort with Airtable, HootSuite, Google Docs, Slack strongly preferred).
- Maintain and grow our social media editorial calendar.
- Regularly identify existing Noora Health social media content that can be upcycled.
- Schedule posts daily/weekly and leverage monitoring capabilities via preferred tools.
- Document all requests and progress via existing process.
Content Development & Management:
- Consistently write and edit on-brand, descriptive social media copy.
- Manage regular feedback loops for all social media post copy.
- Regularly suggest new content ideas, series, or campaigns for social media.
- Regularly engage Noora Health colleagues to aid in idea generation.
- Consistently maintain social media best practices and suggest new considerations or ideas by regularly monitoring the external social media landscape, best practices, and emerging trends.
Design Management For Social Media:
- Create design briefs and manage requests and feedback loops with our design team.
- Experience working with and managing design workflow strongly preferred.
- Uphold brand guidelines and best practices across visual design for social media.
- Including accessibility and ADA Compliance considerations and standards.
- Engage with, observe, nurture, and monitor our growing communities across channels, including regularly deploying community management best practices.
- Liaise closely with and regularly update our core communications team on social media priorities, red flags, opportunities, and other considerations.
- Liaise closely with our YouTube manager to ensure alignment and opportunity-spotting with our film team.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting, And Learning:
- Consistently monitor and evaluate social media analytics and regularly suggest ways to optimize.
- Create and share monthly and quarterly reports on social media performance, reach, and opportunities with key stakeholders.
External Partner Comms for Social Media:
- Experience liaising with external partners and creating shareable social media toolkits preferred.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- 5-7 years of experience working directly on social media programs for organizations (either as part of a team or leading the effort independently).
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications or relevant work experience.
- Someone who is extremely knowledgeable across social media best practices and key considerations from a professional perspective.
- A highly-skilled, creative, and professional social media copywriter and editor with outstanding English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience drafting social media for social impact organizations is considered a bonus.
- A creative storyteller who has a deep passion for design and has experience working with and managing designers.
- Familiarity or experience with social media tools and softwares required, particularly Airtable, Hootsuite, Google Docs, Figma, Canva.
- Experience and comfort working independently across time zones, with the expectation of working from our Bangalore office at least three days a week.
- A trusted project manager who thrives working independently and who can own multiple work streams with grace and professionalism.
- A creative storyteller who can provide on-brand campaign concepts, copy, and visual ideas — and see them through from ideation to deployment.
- Experience monitoring, evaluating, and regularly reporting on social media performance and reach.
- The ability to take ownership and collaborate seamlessly as part of a diverse team, including designers, health professionals, strategists, and consultants from across the world.
- Experience working in the social impact/developmental sector is a plus, as is any demonstrable experience writing about and engaging with issues related to public health and health equity.
- Experience liaising professionally with external partners and peers as it relates to social media and related content management.
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.